Monday, April 06, 2009

April

Did I tell you that it snowed here on April 1st? Prolly not because if I'd told you then you wouldn't have believed me because it was April 1st. But it did. Wet, sloppy but very blizzardy snow for something like 5 freaking hours. Which meant that the Seattle area has had some kind of snow event for 5 straight months.

The globe, she is warming, and I will smack upside the head anyone who still thinks that can be debated.

On the other hand, this weekend was lavishly springlike and warm. Beautiful, hopeful, singingly springlike.

I almost trust it.

But not enough to go out and pull weeds, lay compost and set seeds. It was the perfect opportunity but every time I'd read a seed packet I'd see those words: "After all danger of frost is past".... and I couldn't do it. I couldn't trust those teeny tiny bearers of life to a cold ground that could easily be colder tomorrow. It just didn't seem right. The thought of their tiny little selves squeezed to death by ice crystals just made me want to cry.

So we'll wait and see if this warm stuff is any kind of trend before we risk the manicure.

It sure was a pleasant change of pace, though, I'll tell you that.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

It snowed here in Chicago all day yesterday. I think we should just plan on having a white Memorial Day.

April 06, 2009 7:22 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I haven't put away my woolens yet!

April 06, 2009 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

This weekend we had rain, hail, sleet, snow, and then the sun came out like it never happened.

I should move to Seattle.

April 06, 2009 12:41 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Yes you should

April 06, 2009 3:13 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

We sat outside in jackets with the temps in the 40's just to actually see the sun!

April 06, 2009 4:16 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

What does The Farmer's Almanac say?
In Colorado,the old-timers wil squint knowinngly and caution you,'Don't plant 'till you can't see snow on Thunder Mountain!'..
..By Cracky!

April 06, 2009 5:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I heard someone today say that they remember it snowing here in May once. I almost cried.

April 06, 2009 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home