Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy Pesach, To All For Whom That Applies

For Jews, Passover starts tonight. For Christians, we are smack in the middle of Holy Week. For Christians who live near Jews, it's chametz time. It amuses me that, even as I'm writing up a schedule for turning on and off the ovens of Jewish friends, I always completely forget about chametz.

Last night, as we were finishing up dinner, there was a "shave-and-a-haircut" rap on the door. The Spouse went to answer it. Jacob from down the street greated him with "It's that time of year!" and handed over a 6-pack of beer.

I wonder if anything else will be left on the porch today. It happens.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I love all holidays..Thanks goodness the Jews have holidays in between the christian holidays so life can just be a big holiday.

I am sorta dizzy now.

April 08, 2009 7:03 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Jews rock.

April 08, 2009 10:40 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Exactly, Sage.

Yes, they do, Iwanski. Especially the beer drinking ones.

April 08, 2009 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home