Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Creature of Habit

Remember that on Monday The Spouse and Child had the day off. So things got "back to normal" yesterday. At 6:30 I went into The Child's room, turned on her light and gently said, as I always do, "Time to wake up, Sweetie". Then I walked away from her room to do a thing or two in the kitchen, at which point I realized something very important and hustled back to her room, turned off the light and said, "Oh man, I am so sorry...go back to sleep!" and closed the door.

Because, you know, she's on Easter break. All week.

Sometimes I really am the worst mother in the world.

There's ham sammies on the table. Help yourselves.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You Punked her.

April 15, 2009 7:13 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh that is horrible. Payback will be right around the corner I am sure.

April 15, 2009 7:27 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

But would the world's worst mother leave ham sammies on the table? I think not!

April 15, 2009 8:22 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I'm sure she never woke you up.

April 15, 2009 8:22 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, JP, that's it...

Sage, living with a 15 year old girl is all the payback I'll ever need.

True that, Wills, true that. You got a little something in the corner of your mouth...right there...(spits on napkin and cleans Wills' face)

Yeah! That's right! She used to wake me up all the time! Ha! Payback goes the other way!!!!

April 15, 2009 9:18 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I never got to sleep in .....as in never....none, not. My mother said getting up early made sure I didn't waste my day.....so I could do stuff like watching my brother, doing dishes, blah, blah. Yup, you are the worst mother....after mine....

April 15, 2009 11:08 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Oops....thank you for the hammie sammie...do you have any of that dark mustard or maybe some creamy horseradish stuff?

April 15, 2009 11:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

Don't you just love it that I would now eat, with gusto, one of those ham sammies? I'm so happy, every single day, to long longer be a vegetarian.

April 16, 2009 4:14 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Coulda been worse.
She might have risen out of habit,and you might have dropped her off at school before the 'oops' factor set in.

April 16, 2009 10:34 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yep, you're pretty much...the worst mother in the world! *hee hee*

April 17, 2009 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home