Friday, March 13, 2009

What If Leonard Nimoy was Your Dad?


I've played this before. But it's a delightful little tune and a delightful little video and I feel delightful today.

This week I've been getting up earlier and it's really changing my outlook on things. It's amazing the difference that extra half hour can make. I'm getting done more of the home related things, which allows me to fully focus on work because I'm not feeling as guilty and overwhelmed and it's making the evenings more mellow because I don't feel like I'm scrambling around until bedtime. You can't have it all and it's true that working wives/moms are often caught in a place between guilt and frustration. But each person has to figure out what's going to work for her and I think I'm onto a strategy for myself. Even if it means falling asleep before "30 Rock" is over.

I'm looking forward to a delightful weekend, possibly doin' nothing. Hope yours is the same.




The Bangels "Goin' Down to Liverpool"

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I always feel better if I get up early to do my walk, I'm just more awake. I'm a lot more groggy if I don't, and therefore not as productive.

March 13, 2009 7:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And there's the whole quiet house, nobody asking anything of you thing. Even The Dog is asleep at 5:30.

March 13, 2009 8:47 AM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

I already get up between 4:30 and 5:00- I really don't think i can manage yet another half hour up in a given day. But I'm thrilled it's working for you!

March 13, 2009 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!!

Peace

:+}

March 13, 2009 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

This 530 business won't be happening in Omaha.

March 13, 2009 2:12 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

No matter what time you wake up in O-Town,it's always 1863..

March 13, 2009 9:34 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Good lord, Cuz. Maybe YOU need to sleep IN!

Anonyba, Tee.

JP, well, hell no. I'll be on vacation, remember?

True that, Sling. Quaint and cute little town that O-Town. Except, I hear, you can't always get Cointreau at the liquor store. Is that true?

March 14, 2009 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Um...if Leonard Nimoy was my dad, then my having had a crush on him during his Star Trek and Mission: Impossible years would be really creepy...

March 15, 2009 1:36 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Eeeeewwwww......

March 15, 2009 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home