Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland


Seattle in snow is stunning. Ridiculous, too. Too many hills, too many people who haven't a clue how to drive in it. But we have a housekeeper at work who lives in my 'hood, is from New York and has four wheel drive. It's all good.

Before the snow came I had "Baby, It's Cold Outside" on my mind all day. And that made me think of the scene in "Elf" where Zooey Deschanel and Will Farrell sing the same. (I love that movie).

And that made me think about the recently learned fact that Zooey is in a band called "She and Him" so I went looking for something that would showcase her talents more fully and found this little gem:



She and Him "You Really Got a Hold on Me"

No wonder she's on The Spouse's list for The Child's New Mommy.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger LostInColor opined...

I totally have a thing for Zooey, I can't believe I didn't know about She and Him! What a great find! Thanks.

December 19, 2008 10:00 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

First time I listened to Zooey..that is such a cool name.

December 19, 2008 10:06 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Both those videos were great Rainey.
Damm...Girl can sing!

December 19, 2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I LOVE the movie Elf--Will Farrell was hilarious! :)

Happy Snowy Days, Rainey! :)

December 19, 2008 2:22 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Happy snow day.

December 19, 2008 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

lol Will Farrel. Great to have you back.

Peace

:+}

December 19, 2008 7:39 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

First time I saw Elf I thought the singing was dubbed. She is so good!

December 19, 2008 8:56 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Never heard her sing - I hang my head in shame and admit I don't like Will Farrell, so never saw Elf - the girl is great. Bet she could do a mean cabaret turn.

As for the snow - well just remember there is no I repeat no climate change.

December 20, 2008 3:47 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

I love her voice! I didn't know about She and Him, but have always she should be doing more singing.

December 23, 2008 11:14 AM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

speaking of she and him... i am not really a fan of zooey deschanel but i LOVE m. ward. i have everything he ever recorded including the she and him album. he really is terrific. zooey ain't bad though ;)

December 31, 2008 1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home