Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dear JP

Hi, Poodle! Did you get home OK last night?

I know you wanted me to write a post about strangers who leave mean comments on blogs. It's good fodder to be sure. (A subset of that discussion would be about all the people who leave vile, insulting comments on various news blogs. Have you seen some of those? HMOG. That's a whole other brand of crazy- especially when someone else calls 'em out on their fraktardery and they come back with some self-righteous crap like "Oh, I guess you're just afraid of dialogue". Really? Dialogue?)

I even had some material about how no one has ever once held a gun to my head and forced me to read a blog. If I find one I don't care for - no matter the reason - I just click "next". I've never once wasted any time leaving some rude rant about how stupid that person is because I don't happen to agree with what they say. I mean, seriously, who has that kind of time? Most days I'm lucky to hit your blog and Buck's. (You make it easy, what with the whole not-updating-every-day thing and his are always short).

But then it occurred to me that my time would be better spent just reading some blogs & catching up with some of my peeps. So I did.

Sfoof was funny and Iwanski was, as usual, brilliant. And then I ran out of time. See?

How's your mom?

Love,

Pumpkin

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

I always wonder what it takes to build up enough negative energy that you take the time to write it out in a comment section. When I first started reading peoples blogs I had no idea there were ever comments...when I discovered comments..I was amused, sometimes comments are just as entertaining as the posts.

December 11, 2008 9:04 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Yes! I have seen the crazy comments on news blogs. Oh my!!

December 11, 2008 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Peace, Love, Harmony and Beautiful Thougts.

Peace

:+}

December 11, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

You are spot on with those crazy rants on news blogs. What is up with that? Clearly, they get some cheap thrill from trolling but I've never understood it.

December 11, 2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm so touched that you read me most days!

I love to go to christianpost.com and leave comments. I'm always kicking up dust over there.

December 11, 2008 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Dearest Lorraine,

Good to hear from you. As one of your faithful followers, I enjoy reading your blog each day and kissing your arse whenever possible. Plus, sometimes you have champagn-ya.

Mom is fine, thanks for asking. Talk to you soon,
Poodle

December 11, 2008 11:26 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's the mystery to me, too, Sage. And I agree...the comment business enhances the experience. Most of the time, anyway.

Lost, right? And they keep coming back to see who rose to their bait and get all up in everyone's grill...Where do they find the freaking time? I mean, I realize the unemployment rate is high right now but seriously.

To which I would add, Anonyba, if you can't say something nice...

Me either, KA, me either. Can you imagine how many cupcakes could be baked if all that trolling was put to more positive use?

Well of course I do, Buck. Silly. Now stop harassing the nice Christians.

Dear Poodle, I do enjoy me some arse kissing. Pretty much the entire reason I blog, as you well know. I just got a new case of champagnya. You should stop by for a glass or eight. Glad Mom is good. Tell her hi. Love, Pumpkin

December 11, 2008 12:23 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I have only had a few rant comments....see, it pays to be boring sometimes. I do think it is easier to leave them if you are behind the cloak of anonymous.

Sniff, you rarely comment on my blog.

December 11, 2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger Willym opined...

I just wish a few of the commentors on news blogs would a) Learn some basic grammer. b) Use spellcheck.

Having said that I find when I leave comments that my grammer and spelling can be realy atrocus!

December 11, 2008 10:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Rosie, it is waaaaay easier to leave them if you're too cowardly to own them.

And I know I don't leave comments very often these days....I'm lucky to get around to everyone within the week...but I love you always.

December 12, 2008 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home