Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Things Not to Do

1) Don't lose your ID badge, especially if you work for the government. Because replacing it is not a simple matter of going down to HR and having them print you up a new one. There is a mile of red tape between you and that new badge.

2) Also, if someone gives you a new lanyard for the holidays, make sure you test the clippy thing that holds your badge, preferably by attaching it to a team of oxen and having them pull on it. That way you will be sure the clippy thing will hold and you will be spared Item 1.

3) Don't assume that your alarm clock is set for the correct time without checking it first. Especially if your child "borrowed" it over the weekend. This is important, particularly if you would prefer that your alarm not freakishly go off at 1 a.m.

4) If you used to own a cat and then you didn't and then you get a new one, remember that cats are not restricted to a horizontal plane and it might be a good idea to put a cover on the butter. Unless you enjoy cat spit.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Mmmmmm.... cat spit.

December 09, 2008 8:11 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Kitty butter prints! Love them! hee

December 09, 2008 8:20 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Been there, done that

December 09, 2008 8:52 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I've done the paw prints in the butter thing, too, but don't have any posts to link to about it.

December 09, 2008 8:54 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Kitties are so darn cute..I just had the neighbor cat come into my house and help himself to the bacon grease on the counter (in a can)..he ate it all!! I then gave him back to my neighbor.

December 09, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Sounds like cat spit is the least of your worries on that list. Here's to a better day!

December 09, 2008 9:00 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Until you get your new badge,you can just have people call me,and I'll vouch for who you are.

December 09, 2008 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Yes, I am always right, dogs good, cats bad.

Jobs good, lanyards bad.

Life is just ssssoooooo simple.

Peace

:+}

December 09, 2008 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Team of oxen...cat spit...hahahahaha
You crack me up!

December 09, 2008 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The good news: I've been told a bit of butter each day is a good preventative treatment for hair balls.

In the cat, that is.

December 09, 2008 3:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's especially delicious with champagnya.

Kinda like my own little version of "Wild Kingdom", Lost.

Sheesh, Anne. Good to know I'm not alone.

Mmmmm...bacon....

Thanks, KA!

'K, Sling. I appreciate it.

You're a wise man, Anonyba.

MN Fan! Where you been, girl? Glad I could brighten your day.

Based on how much she consumed, DJ, I think we're safe from hairballs for the forseeable future.

December 09, 2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

LOL! You make me laugh! :)

December 10, 2008 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home