Friday, October 31, 2008

Come on Up

I woke up with "Just Walk Away, Renee" on my mind. Wouldn't that have been an awesome Friday Jukebox? But there are so many covers of that song and so many cobbled together fanvids of those covers that there was just no way.

Then I thought about something from the Sex Pistols because The Spouse and I are going to a Halloween party tonight as Sid and Nancy. But I wasn't really in the mood for the Sex Pistols.

Then I started thinking about how the days are winding down to Tuesday and how I hadn't yet ordered deep dish pizza from that place in Chicago that we get food from for Iwanskifest and whether The Spouse would be down with making deep dish on a weeknight because we decided to eat Chicago food on Election Night. (It's a thing we do. It's not for good luck or anything....just how we show our preference).

I'm allowing myself a flicker of hope. A flicker that is strong enough to remind me that if we had champagne in the house on Tuesday it might very well not go to waste. And then I just starting thinking about other things related to hopes and dreams and casting off chains and risin' up and things like that.



Bruce Springsteen "The Rising"

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jason Boskey opined...

Don't make the deep dish pizza! Take it from a Chicagoan, Delfinos is a more than adequate substitute.

October 31, 2008 7:53 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I am sooo nervous about tuesday. We are having an election party..well I am going to one..that I am helping set up. No deep dish pizza but we are having artichokes...of course I will bring peanut butter.

October 31, 2008 8:36 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm seriously afraid to speak it out loud,for fear of jinxing it.
But I think I know how the East Berliners must have felt when the wall came down.

October 31, 2008 8:43 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

I too am very nervous. This weekend I am going to be keeping busy trying not to think of Tuesday. BRUCE! Love Bruce!

October 31, 2008 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

CLEAR! WHOOMP!

The Cardinal is suffering from serious pre-election palpitations and has perhaps been a little cavalier with the self application of his little golden de-fib paddles. He may have inadvertently fused his pectoral to his panum, with unknown consequences. Perhaps just a few drops of the Widow from my Abyssinian champagne tap to restore the delicate veining to my nose. Ora pro nobis.

October 31, 2008 10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Four more days.

Peace

:+}

October 31, 2008 11:15 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Keep the faith, m'dear. This political season too shall pass - maybe. I can't wait to finally be able to take a deep breath. Holding my breath since the convention has been tough.

October 31, 2008 1:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yay, Rainey!! I am soooo excited for Tuesday!! *smiles*

We're having a small get-together at the Iwanski fortress on election night. I hope there is much champagne drinking to do!! :)

October 31, 2008 5:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Good to know, Bosky. Thank you.

Sage, I feel ya. But artichokes and peanut butter? Yum-o.

Sling, when I allow myself to think about it (which I really don't for precisely the jinxing reasons you mentioned) I can't help but get a little twitter patted. If Barak Obama is elected President this country will be forever changed in a profound and meaningful way...not because of the things his administration might do but by the mere fact of it having happened. If have the wisdom to elect this man, it will finally and forever be true that you really can be anything you want in this nation. And we will never again hear pundits ask questions about "if" America is ready to elect a thus-and-so.

Yes. We can.

Lost, me too! I'm going to be burying myself in work and cleaning and probably baking a million different things just to keep busy.

Cardinal, my dearest, do collect yourself. I expect you to be at the ready for our council meeting on November 5.

Anonyba, tick tick tick...

KA, I thought you were looking a bit blue in the face...

MHP, we may have to phone in and see how it's going...

October 31, 2008 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home