Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Considering Yesterday's Post Title, This is Ironic, Don'tcha Think?

Breaking News:

I have a cold. It was coming on all day yesterday but really flowered in the night. It was lovely. There was a production meeting of the Phleghm and Snorting Committee that went on pretty much until 5am. Which meant that I didn't sleep. So I didn't go work out with The Neighbor. And I feel kinda oogy, except that the brunt of it all seemed to happen as I didn't sleep because now I'm hardly stuffy at all and the Gland Working Group has apparently abandoned the Sore Throat Project. So mostly I'm just tired.

Which bodes not well for that to do list on my desk but oh well.

Also, The Child did not have oral surgery yesterday. Turns out that was just a $100 excuse for the oral surgeon to confirm the diagnosis of the orthodontist. So the teeth are coming out tomorrow at 7 frakking 30 in the ack emma. Won't that be fun? Thank you for all your good wishes on her behalf. They have been pocketed against tomorrow.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog post.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Whatever you do, don't bother with the Airborne. I read somewhere that it was a crock, which makes sense because school teachers shouldn't be producing their own drugs anyway. Plus, it tastes nasty.

April 29, 2008 9:33 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Sorry I missed yesterday's post but the delay means I can still hope everything is okay with The Child and those miserable BCs come out easily.

Sounds like got a bit run down there Lady - since I'm nursing Laurent at the moment, I'll do my Nurse Deisel routine with you - get to bed, get plenty of fluids and rest! And take your medication! Now picture me saying all that in a crisp white uniform with a smart little cap with a whisp of hair showing - oh wait a minute that's all I've got, a whisp.

April 29, 2008 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Peace, Love, Harmony and Beautiful Thoughts.

Peace

{+}

April 29, 2008 9:40 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

You used the word "oogy." That is SO Kathy Bates in "Misery."
Love it.

Cold remedy: Go make a grasshopper out of NyQuil.

April 29, 2008 10:03 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No kidding, JP. That stuff is of the devil.

Oh Nurse Willym, you're so kind. Would you please fluff my pillows and hand me the remote?

Thanks Anonyba.

Buck, how about just a regular Grasshopper...Nyquil scares me.

April 29, 2008 10:40 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Like I told Hat, Vicoden and Whiskey cure everything. Hope you get better.

April 29, 2008 2:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Sage. I'm feeling almost human already. Which is not to suggest that I've dismissed the notion of whiskey.

April 29, 2008 4:23 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

It just shows to go ya,there's always time for sneezing.
Sage makes a good point!

April 29, 2008 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sorry you are/were under the weather but happy it seems to be the fast-dispersing brand of oogy. And good luck to The Child in the ack emma!

April 29, 2008 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home