Friday, April 25, 2008

Bad Boys


I was over at Danny's yesterday and this
was playing on the stereo. Rather, the song as covered by some American Idol dude was playing on the stereo. Not that it was bad but it made me think I should go look up the original.

Questions*:

Did you you know that this was the band's first single off their debut effort but it didn't do well because Columbia Records was too busy promoting Bruce Springsteen's first record?

Did you know that Steve played the piano? I mean, like, ever? He just doesn't seem like a piano player type. But it's interesting to watch a performance that doesn't have him strutting all over the stage, isn't it?

Did you know that Joe didn't really care for this song because it was "too soft"? (That Joe. He's so pretty).

Did you know that I think Steve Tyler is so ugly that he turns right around the corner and becomes beautiful? I don't know what it is about him...

Interestingly, while I think his daughter Liv is lovely and seems like a very nice person I also consider her one of the most over-rated actors ever. (All the Hobbit people are going to get mad at me now).

I like this song because it does that slow build thing. And because Steven Tyler's rock scream is one of the classics in the Rock Scream Hall of Fame. And also because this is one of those rock songs that actually contains some very good advice.


Aerosmith "Dream On"



(* I totally heard Dwight Shrute's voice in my head when I wrote that).

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger sfoofie opined...

Dwight Shrute will forever go down in TV character history.

Jim Halpert: Question. What kind of bear is best?
Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought--
Jim Halpert: Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight Schrute: Bears do not... What is going on?! What are you doing?!

April 25, 2008 11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

"You look like a Tolkien character."

"No, I mean a hobbit."

"Do you live in a small house?"

April 25, 2008 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no W)

Ohh whine. When will anyone ever do Iron Butterflys eternal Inagadadavida? Oh well. Wake me when they do please.

Peace

:+}

April 25, 2008 12:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ok, Sfoof, who's turn is it to get out of whose head now? TOTALLY the bit I was thinking of.

JP: That cracked me up. Thought of that, too, when I was writing the bit about Liv.

Anonyba: Question: When will you play Iron Maiden. Answer: When pigs fly. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

April 25, 2008 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

HAH HAH "turns right around the corner and becomes beautiful". I so totally GET that!
Wun'erful. Just fantastic.
Also, his older daughter, Mia, is a hottie patootey plus size model. Seriously, she makes my people waaaay prouder than the Elf princess.

April 25, 2008 2:39 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

His is the definitive rock and roll scream!
Yeah,I know I'm all hip and shit,but I really do like Aerosmith.
I guess the best example of ugly/beautiful I can think of is Pheobe Snow.
Not the most colorful marble in the bag,but when she sings!...damm.

April 25, 2008 4:35 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Um, you really don't want to eff with the Tolkien folk.

They will gut you like a fish if you say something bad about Hobbits and such.

April 25, 2008 10:34 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

oh lorraine, i love the elf princess and her wild-lipped father. so she's over-rated as an actress but she is rock and roll royalty.

anyway, i want to rock like aerosmith when i get to their age.

April 25, 2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I have scary scary flashbacks whenever I hear this song.

Oh, I'm so glad JP reprised the Dwight line-age. He can turn just about any dialogue Instant Classico-stuffness.

April 27, 2008 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home