Friday, January 25, 2008

Time for Another Steaming Cuppa

Crap.


I know it is winter. I know that it is around about this time that contagion flourish and people succumb to same. But it always annoys me when I get sick right around this time, which I do just about every other year, what with it being the weekend of The Child's birthday and arrangements needing to be made. Lord, one year...I think it was her 5th birthday...I was so sick that I had to call her godmother to help. I muddled through and as soon as her party was over I took to my bed. Later I was watching video of the party and I was all, "They were there?" and "That happened?" and "God-dad played his bagpipes?" I barely remembered a thing. That's sick.


This isn't that sick but it's day two of a brain tumor plus all the snorting afflictions I've been coping with all week and I'm in a right foul mood about it, let me tell you.

At least my hair is awesome.

Point is, must muddle through and accomplish one or two things before returning to the sanctuary of my bed, including devising some sort of decoy gift because the laptop she's getting for her present hasn't actually been ordered yet. I did pick up those High School Musical socks for her yesterday...

No, she doesn't read my blog.

Crazy, right? If you were 14 and your mom had a blog wouldn't you totally be checking it out to see what she was saying about you? Me too! The Child, apparently, did not get our paranoid gene.

Also, and this has nothing to do with anything, but I'm about ready to start slapping people. Hillary and Barack are both pissing me off and they'd better knock it off and get back to the issues. In other political news, I saw part of the Republican debate last night and would just like to say that Mitt Romney still makes my skin crawl.

Right. Here's a little song. Has nothing to do with anything. I just like it. And dang, is that Sling on the bass? Dude! Cool jacket. Do you still have the number for the drummer? He's cute.




The American Breed "Bend Me, Shape Me"

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Seems to be going around - take care of yourself. I assume Spouse and Child will make a fuss and make you soup and....

January 25, 2008 7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Laptop? Adopt. Me. Now.

She can keep the socks, though.

January 25, 2008 7:20 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's funny, Willym. Last night The Spouse directed The Child to make me tea. 30 minutes later I went out to get it myself. "I was letting it cool," she said, as she played a computer game on MY laptop. Yeah. Tons of sympathy.

JP, 'k. But you have to clean your frakking room. And set the table. Dammit. I asked you, like, 30 minutes ago. You've seen this episode of "Hannah Montana" like 412 times. Now do your CHORES! No, you may not call the Hat, it's dinner time. Is your homework done? What do you mean you can't find your new "I love Troy" socks?

January 25, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Ahem...You left out the part where I made you Top Raman (Chicken) and brought it in to you on a tray with a cloth napkin and everything.
so I did make you soup.
Oh and sorry about the state of the kitchen this morning. I know I should have done the dishes last night. My bad

January 25, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Mucinex, and lots of it. Pronto.

Get her an apple laptop, virus-free, not even the flu.

January 25, 2008 7:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yes, dear, you did make me ramen. That was very nice of you. But you let the kitchen explode and now it's giving me a headache. Your bad, indeed.

I'll get over it. Or it may just wait for you. I'm sick.

It's the brain tumor that's sapping my will to live, Anne. Argh. Funny computer joke. (She's actually getting a repurposed something something from Costco. Like we're actually going to spend serious money on a laptop for a 14 year old? Puleeze).

January 25, 2008 8:17 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And why isn't anyone commenting on how cute Sling is in this video? You're not watching it, are you?

January 25, 2008 8:18 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

No, [scuffs feet, no eye contact] I hadn't watched the video yet.

[looks up sharply] I am still waiting for that family tree, I can't keep all these people straight.

sheesh [pounds fist]

January 25, 2008 8:23 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I'm so sorry you are sick again. Stay in bed for heavens sake.

I saw about 3 minutes of the debates when Mitt was on. Does he color his hair? Wear a wig? What is wrong with that man? Hloy Schmolie I'll be glad when this elections stuff os over.

I usually get really sick every year in spring. Winter is a given for feeling achy and stuffed up for 5 months.

Your hair is awesome BTW

January 25, 2008 9:18 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Cold Remedy: NyQuil grasshoppers.
Repeat as necessary.

January 25, 2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

hahaha -- I am laughing at myself, and your unintentional Alanislike irony, because I left the computer to go make my own cup of tea, and more meds, and found my own kitchen has also exploded! It's a copycat killer! Crap.

Again: Moms should be exempt from illness. Powers that be? Hello??

January 25, 2008 3:27 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Golly Anne, now that I know how to video blog I may just do a documentary on my family tree. That would be hysterical!

Rosie, you are hereby ordered to NOT be sick in May. Just saying.

Mitt Romney. What a freak. He wishes he had my hair.

Get over here and make me a pitcher, Buck. Right *cough* now *hack hack*.

Crap. Stupid copycat kitchen exploding killer person. Feel better, Cowbell. I'm feelin' your pain.

January 25, 2008 3:33 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

HA!..This is so wierd you should mention it.
I was doing the choreography for this video,and the bass player copied my mustache.
Didn't the Child just turn 13 like,last week?
What's up with all this time warping growing up crap anyway?
FEEL.BETTER.SOON!

January 25, 2008 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

lol, that is Sling! And that cute drummer is totally not playing that kit. heh heh. Aw...I miss Kit.

January 25, 2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Sorry you were under the weather; hope things are improving.
Love the song.
I too am pissed at the petty biatch- slapping happening with the dems.
Slip an apple crisp in the oven and all shall be well.

January 27, 2008 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home