Friday, October 12, 2007

Bees and Tulle

Friday Jukebox. That doesn't sound nearly as fun as the Superfantastic All Duran-Duran All The Time Celebration of All Things 80s Extravaganza or whatever it was called. But last week JP said he thought everyone should play music videos on Fridays and I think he's right.

I thought for a while that I would play nothing but Scottish bands (because last week I played Travis and Belle & Sebastian...hi! "Funny Little Frog"...favorite new song of all time and it's right over there on the side bar if you missed it last week and don't wanna go scrolling for it).

But as much as I like Scottish things (the deed for my land arrived this week, btw. You may refer to me henceforth as "my lady") and as fun as it would be to explore the surprisingly vast world of Scottish artists (SHAH!) I don't want to limit myself.

Even playing exclusively 80s videos for a while there, while superfantastic, was limiting. Especially once we opened the club and I'd discover "new" bands but then couldn't play certain songs because they came out in the 90s.

Point is, it's my blog, I'm going to play what I want. This is not Scottish. It came out in '91. Note: this band is the reason/inspiration behind my desire to wear a poofy tulle skirt to my birthday party.


Voice of the Beehive: Monsters and Angels


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh goodness I loved loved loved this song and forgot all about it! WOOHOO! Also, I very much like the idea of having a Friday Video post. Can I play?
(I'm totally going to play regardless. Oh what ever shall I play first?)

October 12, 2007 2:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Glad to bring you a little joy, there, m'am. And like JP said, everyone should play videos on Fridays. And we always do what JP says. 'Cept when we don't.

October 12, 2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I forgot to say, "SHAH!"

October 12, 2007 4:04 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Not only a wonderful song, but the Edward Hopper references are so ... so ... beefin'!!!

I rule.

October 12, 2007 4:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Keep this up, Mister, and I'll have to come over there and slap you.

October 12, 2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

They totally remind me of the Go-Go's..and Belinda..who as we all know is,"Da Bomb!"

October 12, 2007 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home