Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Baby, It's Cold Outside

The weather has definitely turned, with the apple-crisp tang at the back of the breeze that means fall is around the corner. Historically, the days between my anniversary (21) and birthday (23) are the most beautiful of the season...sunny and warm but with brisk, promising air. I'm still holding out hope for some of that Indian summer magic...the party is set to be outdoors, the dinner part at least, but so far this week it has been rather rainy. We'll need a Plan B. (I'm thinking buffet, Nayb). And JP, I'd pack a rain coat if I were you. Just in case.



Tonight The Neighbor and I are making large pots of daube for the party. It's going to be gorgeous food.


The mountain ash tree is wearing its autumnal garb. Isn't it beautiful? It fills me with delight. Almost as much delight as the fact that the Countdown to JP is now at 2 days. Giddiness ensues.

My to do list for today stretches from my elbow to my wrist so I'd best get to it. Happy busyness.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Giddiness ensues me, too.

September 19, 2007 10:31 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Jealousy and wont ensue on my end. It's hot here again and I SO want to be in Seattle this weekend. Instead, I will be in a lonely hotel room all alone, by myself, in Orlando.
. . . Sigh. . .

September 19, 2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm to the dentist for a cleaning at 4 today then off to shop for tonight's cooking extravaganzafestabulodiferousness.
Should be home around 6-ish.
xo nayb

September 19, 2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home