Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Add Your Own Soundtrack

I am feeling really overwhelmed right now.

So far this week I've spent the majority of my time doing things that have been important and necessary but not always actually things I've wanted to do. Like school meetings and research. I'm getting way behind on household stuff and website stuff and there are grapes that need to be harvested but there's no sense in doing that until I have time to turn them into jelly and uh, yeah, a quick check of the calendar says that ain't going to be any time soon.

Plus, I'm sick of fundraising and school has just started.

We always have to do fundraising. There's about a $2500 gap between what we pay in tuition and what it actually costs to educate a student. Which means each family has a modest fundraising obligation over the course of the year. The first fundraiser, which The Child won't even be participating in, is this weekend. But she's still fundraising for it and so far has received nearly half of what we need to honor our obligation. She so rocks.

But on top of that, there's fundraising for the 8th grade trip to DC. And the people in leadership on this are starting to really get on my nerves, for a variety of incredibly valid reasons that I won't bore you with. Except to say that I'm this close to telling them that I'll get her to DC one way or the other and they can leave me the frak alone for the rest of the year.

I could rant about something else related to school but I won't. Because it's boring. It amounts to sideline thumb twiddlers complaining about things in which they are unwilling to personally invest. Know what I say to that? Shut the frak up.

But it does kinda make a person ask the question, "Why am I bothering with this?"

Oh right. Because I love my child and I love her school.

On a brighter note, I got to see my baby yesterday. Let's all ooh and ahh at him, shall we?


And my niece Molly, who cracks me up daily, posted this video of her dancing. It was shot before (or after, I forget) a play she was in. Someone put on a song she loves and she started goofing. It makes me laugh. Even without sound.



Now I'm going to grab my timer and see if I can't accomplish something useful.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

That is one cute baby. He could be on a diaper rash commercial.

September 12, 2007 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yeah, he's really cute for a baby.

You should play some 80's videos. That's important.

September 12, 2007 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm going to speed up the video of crazy Molly and play the Benny Hill theme song in the background. And that will probably be all I am able to accomplish for the day.

September 12, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

That is one adorable newborn. Jeez. They should breed professionally.

September 12, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

Dang, that is one attractive newborn. What's their secret?

September 12, 2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

People who dance in videos are odd.

September 12, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Buck, couldn't he just?

JP: All I want to do is play 80s videos!

That would be an excellent accompaniment, Hat. Please make one of your little movies doing just that, wouldja?

Nicole, I believe they are currently in negotiations with several major league teams.

SCG: I really don't know. (wink win) I mean, you should see his parents. (nudge nudge) That kid jumped into the right end of the gene pool, if ya know what I mean. (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Ain't it the truth, Iwanski. Just the other day I saw this guy...'k you won't believe this...but this guy made a video of himself dancing. In his apartment. In a Reagan mask. I mean, wtf, right?

September 12, 2007 3:29 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Molly is in 'da house!!
Please add my heartfelt "OOOh!...Ahhh!" to the baby pool. :)

September 12, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

This is my six-word recap of Lorraine's blog for Wednesday:

"Hi. I'm too busy to sneeze."

How'd I do?

September 12, 2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

Let me just say that I didnt blog about school meetings (yet) but I am right with you woman. My idea--- break out the f**king vodka and have a party!

September 12, 2007 7:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Isn't she just, Sling? That kid rocks. The future is in good hands.

Red: Perfect.

Mouse: I so wish we were at the same school. Bring it on!

September 12, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

That video was a friggin' riot. She rocks.

September 13, 2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger Molly opined...

oh look it's me. :) so honored.

September 13, 2007 7:00 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

She so does, CB.

As well you should be, Mols.

September 14, 2007 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home