Monday, September 03, 2007

A Public Service

I believe that is what I am performing by playing Travis videos. And you know what I just realized? It's a 3-day weekend. So I am completely justified in continuing my All-Travis-All-The-Time-Weekend one more day. Plus, this video is very appropriate for the holiday we celebrate: Labor Day, the great festal day in honor of sleeping in, BBQing and sales.

Here's hoping you have a fun and relaxing day, assuming you are free to do that. For my part, there will be a little shopping as The Child starts eighth grade!!! tomorrow and is in need of shoes. Otherwise I anticipate a fair amount of lying or sitting around, depending on my mood. The Spouse, for one, is already engaged in a "Dead Like Me" marathon. I might watch "Pride and Prejudice". Or read. A nap might be good.

But first, please enjoy this charming song and the amusing concept. (Must say, I am glad to see that people still bother to make music videos; warms my heart, it does).



"Closer" Travis

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

oh that was great - song and story.

September 03, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I never heard of this Travis guy(No surprise,I know),but I like what you've played this weekend.
I'm guessin' the child is almost as excited as you are to be entering 8th grade. :)

September 03, 2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Don'tcha just love 'em?

I thought you'd like these guys, Sling. Up your alley with all the melodies and general soft grooviness. And yeah, I'm excited, too. Although I'm still trying to figure out how my baby with the chubber chubber cheeks turned into a frakking teenager.

September 03, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Can you believe it's tomorrow?!? The son hits the doors of high school tomorrow. I never thought I would miss the middle school days ... his middle school now seems like a small town compared to a bustling metropolis. I want to hold on the last bits of boy left inside this man-child-hybrid.

You will be pleased to know that as of 4pm this afternoon, our school shopping was done. I still had a good 4 hours to spare. His project? Also done. Pictures and all.

It's going to be a long year. Iced Tea, anyone?

September 03, 2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

The first day always seems to come sooner than expected, Cowbell, but the ones with the big transitions even moreso, I think. Congrats on getting it all done (good on the boy, too). Congrats on having another high schooler. Clinkies!

September 04, 2007 6:08 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

ahhh
you guys start late (my son has been in 8th grade a whole week)

Dont worry, they only turn into demonds when they are away from you with the other students.

September 04, 2007 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home