Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Morning Miscellany

I was watching CNN last night and Anderson Cooper was, of course, doing a story on Sen. Craig. I haven't been paying a ton of attention to this story and didn't really know all that many of the details. But they played back the taped interview of the Senator and the arresting officer and, you know, did what anyone else does when driving by a train wreck. It's basically the dialogue between 2 guys, a he-said, he-said sort of thing. The officer obviously had a different view of what happened in that bathroom and he was pretty annoyed with what he called the Senator's lies. And the Senator took umbrage at that characterization. Whatever. But there is one thing in that story that sounds incredibly suspicious to me. I could totally buy the Senator's version of the tale except for one thing.

He says that he reached down his hand to pick up a piece of paper. Toilet paper. And I just want to ask: how many of you, in the course of your vast experience with public bathrooms, has ever once reached down to pick up a piece of toilet paper that you saw on the floor? Eeewww. If I see something on the floor of a public bathroom, it is so staying there; unless it's like, a tiara or an ingot of gold. Just saying.



In other news, I foiled a terrorist plot last night. In my dreams. It was actually pretty disturbing because the leader of the plot was a woman and in my dream she was my best friend. She didn't actually look like anyone I know and she wasn't, even in personality, anything like The Neighbor. Who I know, btw, is not a terrorist. The worst thing about the dream was that my "friend", once caught, was totally unrepentant and thought I was a complete putz for thinking that she was just a nice little housewife. It was weird.



We have some new neighbors moving in today. They seem very nice. The Dog is barking an incessant welcome to them. At least, I hope they read it that way.



The Hat has been helping me build a webpage for my new business. It is coming together beautifully. She's so talented. But you knew that. I can't wait to show it to you. Hopefully, all the pieces will be in place by the first of next week. I've already started handing out business cards (which The Hat also designed). Soon the phone will start ringing and I'll make so much money that I can fly us all to the South of France for a little blogger meet-up. I'll bring applesauce cake and Iwanski will bring beer. It'll be awesome.



And finally, my mum, the intrepid Dame Judi, is making me a skirt for my birthday party. A black tulle skirt. I'm super excited. It's going to look superfantastic with my birthday tiara. A tiara which, I should add, was not picked up off the floor of a public bathroom.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

New neighbors. I introduced myself last night. His name is Danial, hers slips my mind. they are not related to Judy but are family friends. They are from LA but he was raised here. They have a small child and were informed that the child is a baby sitter if they ever feel the need to go out and bark at the moon.
They also met Indiana.

September 05, 2007 9:11 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's Lenora. Or something like that. Met the kiddo.

September 05, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

How fun! I have no idea what tulle is, but shall look it up forthwith, and if you are wearing it with a tiara, I'm sure you will be stunning. Not mention Hottt.

Can't wait to see the webpage. You and the Hat working on it? Wonder Twin Powers ... ACTIVATE!

And yeah, what the hell is UP with that "picking up some toilet paper" bit?! Nasty! Dude, if you have to choose between admitting you 1) pick up TP from public restroom floors as a matter of course, or 2) are gay/bi ... do yourself a favor, friggin' come out already.

September 05, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

I'm so excited for your business. Are you planning on making an online service?

September 05, 2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

CB, I'm either going to be stunning or look something like a clown. Either way, it's a party, right?

Thanks Booda Baby. Haven't really thought about an online service but that might be an interesting option. Plus, it would probably give the Hat something else to do. Bwahahaha.

September 05, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

That's all? A skirt and tiara? Why even bother with a skirt, then?

September 05, 2007 10:49 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, Anne, this is more or less a family blog and the tiara will be significantly distracting.

September 05, 2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Hey when you get ready to send us all to France hook a fella up...:-P

September 05, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Totally, Grish.

September 05, 2007 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I have the perfect mantra for us that no one will have thought of:

Wonder Twin Powers - ACTI...oh. Nevermind.

September 05, 2007 2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ah...but will the tiara be distracting with Lobster Power? :D

September 05, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

We'll have to practise that mantra over and over, Hat. Wait. That's what you do with a mantra, isn't it?

Ah, Syd, crusteceans and tiaras...who would notice anything else?

September 05, 2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Hey now...maybe good old Larry was just um, picking up after himself. I mean, maybe he thought HE dropped the toilet paper, and not wanting to be seen as a litter bug, he bent to pick it up from the bathroom floor. What? It could happen like that. Maybe he'd rather be seen as a gay bathroom sex solicitor than a litter bug.

September 06, 2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, that's probably it, Gina. I mean, really, he was doing a public service. What a guy, huh?

September 06, 2007 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home