Thursday, September 06, 2007

This Post is Even More Amusing for Reasons that Will Be Obvious If You Go Read Iwanski's Comment on "Games"

OK, here's the thing. I started writing the post that appears underneath here 2 days ago but didn't publish it today. Then I wondered and wondered why no one, I mean No. One. left a comment. So I wrote a post complaining about how Blogger had eaten my post. Then Gina commented. On the post I thought Blogger ate. How in the world?

This was the point at which I remembered that being able to save drafts of posts is all very lovely but if one wants them at the top of the blog, one must change the time stamp. Which I obviously didn't do. Until I had ranted about the boogeriness of Blooger. So, feeling ever so sheepish, I changed the time stamp on the original and then quickly deleted the rant about blogivorous Blogger.

Ah! But I wasn't quick enough. No. Before it disappeared from the ethers it was read and commented on by Mr. Iwanski. Which would have been no big deal if he'd just said something like, "Dude, totally". But he didn't. He wrote a poem. And so, because I get email when someone posts a comment, the verse was saved from eternal deletion. And so, I give you, Mr. Iwanski's ode to Blogger. 'K, not an ode, a limerick. Still. Poetry.

Oh, I hate blogger when it eats my posts.
That's precisely when I hate it about the most.
You type and pour your words.
Blogger flushes them like turds.
Your blog entry just becomes a verbal ghost.

(Now go read the comments. See? Even Iwanski knew how important it was for his verse to be shared with all).

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

That Iwanski fellow is a right clever lad indeed!..Well done.

September 06, 2007 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You know, for a personal organizer you sure have made a mess of things.
(spills artichoke dip on lap)

September 06, 2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

(slaps Hat and spills martini all over self)

September 06, 2007 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I am unable to comment on this post at the current time because I'm still busy drinking martini's in the post below this one.

September 06, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

We need more snacks...now we've got people drinking in two posts. Thank God I swept.

September 06, 2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Did someone say Liquor?

September 07, 2007 2:31 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

ive been so busy trying to figure out why half of my readers cant read my blog and trying to change it an now its all mest up

oh screw it -- just hand me the bottle of vodka

September 07, 2007 6:06 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oddly, Grish, someone around her is always saying "liquor".

Mouse, I've seen those comments, I don't know what's up with that...your blog looks the same to me. Plus, if you hold this gin bottle up to your eye it makes things all fun-house mirror like. Maybe that's what those other people are doing. See? Not your problem. Here's the vodka. And a bendy straw.

September 07, 2007 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home