Friday, August 31, 2007

No Doubt You'll Be Happy to Know That...

...even thought this has been the 5th coolest Seattle summer on record, the grapes are ripening and I have plenty. Just not as many as last year.

...The Child finished her papers. She's got a little tweaking to do, but she'll be turning them in on time and she'll be able to enjoy a pleasant, stress free 3 day weekend.

...today is my last day at the Little Job. Praisalluia! I think Judy and I are going to have a celebratory cocktail afterwards.

...The Spouse has the day off. He volunteered to cook dinner, since I have to work. He also gets to keep the kitchen tidy and monitor The Child. Tee. It seemed very fitting this morning that I was the one getting up to go to work and he was the one still in bed. Good little househusband.

...I am not going to write a memorial on the 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's death. I'm still trying to figure out why I cried for 4 days back then.

...it was supposed to rain last night but it didn't. It's cool and beautiful this morning. There's a children's moon behind a ruffle of clouds and one tiny bird singing somewhere near The Neighbor's house.

...there is one ripe tomato in the garden.

...my coffee tastes awesome.

...I'm actually going to have time to play videos in The Club this weekend.

...the superfantastic sartorial genius Tim Gunn has a new show premiering next week. Thanks for the heads up, Monica. I love The Gunn.

...my kitchen smells of coffee and apples.

Have a great day, puppies.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

Sounds like a great day so far, I am SO happy the child finished her papers, I was terrified that them being unfinished was going to cut into her social life.

August 31, 2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I LOVE Tim Gunn! I hope Heidi stops having babies long enough to do another season of Project Runway. You and I must watch the same channels, didja catch this week's LAink? Who do you think will win Top Chef?

Your coffee smells great, I need to get something to drink. Carry on.

August 31, 2007 9:55 AM  
Blogger Molly opined...

today is my last day of work, too!!!
i'll have a non-alcoholic martini.
I'm still trying to figure out why i cry when i watch anything abou princess dianna. I remember being 7 and turning on the tv and watching her memorial and my mother crying. i didn't even know who she was.

August 31, 2007 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Wow! on The Child. She cranked those things out. I'm thinking you should extend curfew on Saturday.

August 31, 2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I was and remain very sad about the death of Lady Di.

August 31, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Have a glorious day...it is cloudy and sprinkley here. i think I am gping to have a second cup of coffee, something I never do...just because.

The child is showing maturity....the effect of good mothering I suspect.

August 31, 2007 10:55 AM  
Blogger Molly opined...

also, just read your comment left on my video. basically, it was right before dress rehearsal so i was in full costume and then the boys put on a song that i just had to dance to. it was a great time. it's a phone video so the sound wasn't picked up.

August 31, 2007 1:36 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Apparently, Twisi, she was afraid of the same thing. Bwahahaha.

Anne, I haven't been watching Top Chef but I lova, lova, love PR. There's another season starting in October or something. Isn't The Gunn just the bestest EVAH?

Whoo hoo, Mols!

JP, turns out she's going to the thing with The Boyfriend on Sunday. But duly noted.

Hat, sigh.

Good mothering, Rosie, or effective threats. Amounts to the same thing, I 'spose.

August 31, 2007 3:08 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

You're clearly more ready for the weekend than I am.

Thanks for the Gunn tip. I will be without cable for a week, and must set my DVR!

August 31, 2007 8:29 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

I'm just friggin' amazed you post at 6:30 in the morning. A big yahoo for the Child.

September 01, 2007 12:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thursday night, 10pm, if I'm not mistaken, Red. Oh, I'm just doing little tippy tappy happy dances at the thought.

Cowbell, some people start their morning with a workout, some with stewed prunes; me, I blog.

And I shall pass the yahoo on to The Child.

September 01, 2007 7:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, and Anne, if you come back to peek at comments...send me an email and tell me what I missed on LA Ink!

September 01, 2007 7:42 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

awww
sound like things are going good.

September 02, 2007 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home