Friday, June 15, 2007

Ta Da!

Y'all have been so supportive about the new food blog. I really appreciate it. A ton.

I'll spare you the whole story, because it's over on the new site anyway, but suffice to say that I would not be launching today without the superhuman efforts of The Hat and JP. She climbed into my brain, saw my vision and translated it into the most superfantastic art. You are going to plotz when you see it. He took the art and made the perfect banner, plus spent quite a few hours over the last days brain-storming, suggesting, admiring and generally being the wind beneath my wings. Kids, there is no way this blog would look as superb as it does without you and you deserve a life-time supply of applesauce cake.

Another big shout out goes to the folks who suggested titles, The Neighbor, Seattle Coffee Girl, The Cardinal, and Jon. But in the end it was Red who first suggested the winning title (confirmed later by some of the suggestions I received in comments). It's absolutely right.

I'd also like to thank my family, for being patient about their late dinners over the last couple of evenings and to Dame Judi, just because she's the best mommy in the world.

I think that's enough ado. Lords and ladies, distinguished Koihead, I am pleased to introduce to you (adjusts tiara and smashes champagne over the laptop) - "Here's the Dish".

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh goody! Now then, about this life-time supply of applesauce cake...(drives to Seattle with a fork in each hand)

June 15, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Woot! Woot! Awesome graphic on the site too! I haven't had time to actually READ anything on your new site yet, but did go check it out.... Awesome x 1,000,000

June 15, 2007 10:47 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hat, please put one hand on the wheel. The last thing I want to do is throw a cake on your grave. Get here safely and then we'll talk about the never-ending cake stream.

Thanks, Gina. It is mighty cute, ain't it?

June 15, 2007 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Congrats Nayb - the site looks great, and I love the artwork!

June 15, 2007 3:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks Neighb, especially for all the cocktail-fueled brainstorming sessions.

June 15, 2007 3:48 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

It's lovely -- I was just there and left a few comments. If you start a thread of "easy recipes for total, like, beginners" over at Here's the Dish, do let me know.

June 16, 2007 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home