Monday, June 11, 2007

Little to Report

The visit from the Best Friend was terrific. Golly, I love that kid.

The thing I have always loved about the two of them together is the effortlessness of their interaction. Even after not seeing each other since last summer, it was as if no time had passed. (Except for the very exciting discovery that The Child is now the taller of the two). They greeted each other with hugs and giggles, then scurried off to look at pictures of boyfriends and giggle some more.

We had burgers for dinner and watched "High School Musical", the two of them whispering back and forth:

"Zach is so cute!"

"You can have him, I'm going to marry Corbin."

tee titter tee

After the movie they disappeared into The Child's room for a raucous hour or two and emerged to share with me the "Harry Potter Rap" that they'd written. Word.

I finally sent them to bed and was amused to find the assorted girl litter strewn through the house: notebook paper scribbled with their names and those of their boyfriends ("Mr. & Mrs. First Love Crushybuns"), facial cleanser and toner in the bathroom, dresses slung over doors.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad tummy ache, which persisted throughout the day. No Corpus Christi parade for me. The Spouse went, as he was scheduled to drive van, but the girls stayed with me. I always make pancakes for them but due to my incapacitation they made their own. AND cleaned the kitchen. They kept busily to themselves while I watched Food Network shows and hugged a water bottle, coming in occasionally to check on me. Sweet kids.

The reason BF was in town was to celebrate the recent graduations of an uncle and brother. So she and The Child went off to the brother's party and when The Child returned home around 5, she made me one of her spectacular cheese omelette's.

I feel perfectly well today so there you go. Yesterday felt like a waste in some respects what with missing one of my favorite church liturgies and not having more time with BF and missing out on catching up with her folks at the party. But maybe I needed all that lounging and napping, for emotional as well as physical reasons. There are worst things than an enforced day of rest.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thank God they're not in love with the same High School Musical pinup. That's the kind of thing that could destroy a friendship.

Glad you're feeling better.

June 11, 2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know...I got a little tense for a minute there.

And thanks.

June 11, 2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

Aaah, so there's the answer for Corpus Christi...we looked everywhere for you yesterday. Saw the Spouse, but were never able to catch up to him once the procession began. Missed you!

Glad you're feeling better. The Child's omelette sounds delish, it's making my mouth water!

June 11, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Tweenage girls are so hilarious. I remember my nieces during the New Kids on the Block and the Hanson years. Tee-titter-titter.

I shouldn't throw stones. I was the same way with Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Sigh. . .

June 11, 2007 11:07 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

glad your feeing better--

um ya, about what JP said... it gets strange when swiss son and I find the same guys attractive....eeekkk

June 11, 2007 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You watched the Food Network while you had a tummy ache? Do you watch the Infectious Diseases You Can Catch In A Hospital channel right before a doctor's visit? Brave soul. Brave brave brave.

June 11, 2007 12:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hat, there's nothing like watching someone make chicken tacquitos with tequila to inspire one to recover, the better to enjoy the partaking of such yumminess.

June 11, 2007 1:01 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

No transcript of the Harry Potter rap?

June 11, 2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

An enforced day of rest is beautiful, but I'm sad you had to spend it with a sour stomach. I think I'm making myself a cheese omelet for dinner tonight. Yum.

June 11, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Best friends are one of life's sweetest gifts. So glad child has one. Aren't teenage girls the funniest things to watch?

June 12, 2007 11:52 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'll get on that, for you, Cowbell.

Omlettes are the yummiest, Red.

Thanks for stopping by, Mom. And yes. Teenage girls are hysterical. So is the fact that I actually have one.

June 12, 2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home