Friday, June 15, 2007

Angry Boots

I had a scary dream last night, one of those dreams that is really scary when it happens but very silly when you talk about it.

I was getting ready to leave the house to run some errands. The Child had left all her school clothes, including her funky boots, in a heap on the floor by the piano. I was at the door, getting my coat or something, and one of the boots started tapping impatiently. Then both boots got up and charged me.

The Spouse woke me up because apparently I was crying out.

It was 3 a.m. and I couldn't sleep so I got up for a while and fussed with some things, pulling out bills that need to be pungled today and like that. After about an hour I was sufficiently tired so returned to bed.

The Dog, as is his way, had moved up from the foot of the bed to take over my spot, but he was lying close enough to The Spouse that I could get into bed without disturbing his furry self. I lay there for a moment, The Dog curled against me, my husband slumbered on the other side, and I felt very blissful and tender. I lay a hand on The Dog's little head and stroked The Spouse's foot with mine. And he promptly pushed it away because it was cold.

I thought that was funny.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You are way nicer than I'd have been to The Dog.

And you should probably get rid of those boots. You know, just in case.

June 15, 2007 9:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No, I think if you'd seen how furry and cute The Dog was you would have been just as accomodating.

And I'm so hearing you on the boots.

June 15, 2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm hearing strains of Nancy Sinatra as the boots are tapping.

Pungled???

June 15, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I suspect that's what the boots were hearing, too, Jon.

"Pungle" - to pay.

June 15, 2007 10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Replace The Dog with my cat, and that exact same scenario plays out several times a month at my house, including the cold foot part. The warm furry body is so comforting.

I've had dreams THAT scary AND funny. It's unnerving.

June 15, 2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

What is the world coming to when even footwear has an attitude?

If I move from the bed at night, I then have to take the princess outside...so MANY nights I lay there, trying not to wet myself, so she doesn't wet herself ...doesn't seem fair does it?

June 15, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina, just makes you marvel at the subconcious, don't it?

Kendall, and of course, our dog is perfectly capable of getting right back to sleep without needing to go out. I could just shove him over but sometimes I just don't have the heart.

June 15, 2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You were scared of boots?..Hahahaha!
I mean,it's not like it was those squeeky styrofoam "peanuts" they use for packing material...those things creep me out.

June 15, 2007 9:12 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Sling, so that's why you always start crying like a little girl whenever we get a big shipment in at the club....I always thought you were just afraid it might be more Samantha Fox videos.

June 16, 2007 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home