Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Things I Hate

I've been trying to write a post that would be potentially more interesting than this one is about to be but I'm too preoccupied to do it justice.

Yesterday I was a very good girl, attending quite faithfully to things that don't rock my world, like book-keeping. But then my Quicken started blorting for reasons only it knows and it took me about 5 hours to do my bank reconciliation. And when it was finally done it was off by a dollar so I still had to go through everything one more time to find the boo-boo. Which I finally did but still.

The bad news? The bank seems to think we have way more money than I do. "Score!" says you. "Not so fast," says me. This is the week I'm supposed to pay the mortgage and such. Can't be writing big checks until I know for sure where the discrepancy is. And because I'm just not that lucky, I'm worried that it's not going to work out in my favor.

A Little Play

Friday

The Spouse: "What's for dinner tonight, honey?"

The Wife: "Rice and beans".

Saturday

The Spouse: "What's for dinner tonight?"

The Wife: "Rice and beans".

Sunday

The Spouse: "Don't tell me, let me guess, rice and beans?" (throws crockery)

The End

And of course, because I'm worried about it I'm afraid to look at it and thus am completely stressing out even as I try to avoid it. Which is really not working for me.

Not to mention, I have other important matters to attend to today: parent club business, resumes to write and send in, videos to download, a dog to walk. I gotta get in gear, despite my overwhelming desire to just sit in a corner and rock with my blankie tucked under my chin.

And as long as I'm dwelling on stupid things I hate, turns out "Gilmore girls" is ending once and for all. There are only 2 more episodes. When I was apprised of this sad fact via a definitive email from JP, I almost cried. I told The Spouse how upset I was and he was all, "Yeah, but you feel like this whenever one of your shows ends. You'll deal".

And of course I'll deal because it's only television after all (Only television? Did I say that out loud?) The difference between this ending and say, "Seinfeld" is that with "Seinfeld" I knew going in it was the last season. So did the writers, thus allowing them to build the show to a conclusion. But all through this season of the girls, no one knew for sure whether the show would be getting an 8th season. While the writers have done their best to restore the show to its former wit and grace, they aren't going to be able to deliver what the people want in time. They just aren't. And that makes me sad.

This was a pivotal moment from last week's episode. I swear, if you don't get a little choked up...even if you don't watch the show...you seriously need to go digging in the bottom of your closet for your soul.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger rosemary opined...

Can't watch it...aren't you tired of me SAYING THAT? And my soul is already hurting today.

May 08, 2007 6:46 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Lauren Graham is the cutest thing on TV ever.

At least until Miss Healthypants gets her own show.

May 08, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No, Rosie. This is just part of the plot to get you to finally jettison the frakking gerbils.

Yes, yes, she is, Iwanski. Thank you for understanding. And yeah, for sure, once MHP has a show it's a whole new ballgame. There's an opening on the CW, Tuesday nights, 8pm PST.

May 08, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home