Saturday, May 12, 2007

Far Flung

I love my site meter. In the early days of blogging I was completely obsessed with it, checking it at least every hour and my mood rising or falling like the tides depending on how many hits I got.

I'm over that now and usually only check it once a week or less. But my favorite part is the world map. I click to see the last 100 readers and it is just too cool. This morning, for example, there were hits as far flung as Wellington, New Zealand and Barrow, Alaska. The UAE, Chile, Germany, Nova Scotia (where I hope to someday fly my Lear jet to see the total eclipse of the sun). Then there were all the little clusters on the US map. I can make assumptions about some of the little dots, Dame Judi was just on as was Poodle. But then there are surprises, places where I don't know that I know anyone and I wonder who they are, if they are regular readers or just passing through.

And I even wonder what the weather is like where they (you) are. It's a lovely day here. Is the sun shining as generously on the brownstones of the Bronx or the rooftops of Lambeth, England? I wonder if they (you) all had a good night's rest (I didn't) and if you started your day with a lovely hot cup of something (I did). What will you be up to today? Any interesting plans for the evening? Are you well?

Yep, I like my site map. It makes me think globally. I like that.

And I didn't sleep well because I have this stupid cold that makes for snorking and other nonsense and I kept walking myself up. I'll tell you one thing, though, that Spouse of mine totally took the "sickness and health" bit of our vows seriously. He's been doing all sorts of homely things this morning so I don't have to. Which is just superfantastic of him.

And if I end up taking to my bed, he will bring me tea and soup and make sure I'm comfy. I don't think it will come to that. I just need to not overdo, drink my fluids and maybe take a nap later.

I'll amuse myself by playing videos over at The Club for a while. (We've been very busy, figuring out how to download and upload videos ourselves. Thus we are creating a little cache of videos (did I say little? JP says it's looking like it will be 3000 before we are done) so that we can always play what we want when we want. It's a lot of work (for a hobby) but it's liberating, too. And I just love production meetings).

Have a lovely day, wherever you are.

Labels: , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

My river of snot flowed all the way over the sea and across the country to you. I'm so sorry.

May 12, 2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

I wish my site had a feature like that. It does sound very cool indeed.

By the way, the weather here today was totally miserable. Rain rain rain.

May 12, 2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

My site meter counts but if it does the whizbang stuff your's does I wouldn't know how to check it. I'd have to ask my homie, Gina. I am sorry you are snorking. I have been on super antibiotics for 2 weeks and am still wheezing and coughing...I think I am creating asthmatic lungs. It is 80, sunny and very still...when it's still like this the forest is beyond aromatic...I'd send the scent but you would just sneeze and snuffle.

May 12, 2007 3:58 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I always wonder about the lurkers.They stop in every few days,spend 10 or 15 minutes,and then leave..I have 2 or 3 "regulars" from far flung places that never leave comments.
Sorry you got the snorkles..

May 12, 2007 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The Spouse rocks for doing what needs to be done, because not all Spouses get that.

And I've found that "Production Meetings" have been the best part of our little business venture, and I look forward to many, many more of them, even after we hit 3000.

Happy Mother's day, STAY IN BED!, and the same applies to Rosemary and Nicole. Smooches and Virtual Chicken Soup to you all.

May 12, 2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

I love both smooches and chicken soup. You're a hero JP.

May 13, 2007 2:02 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Hope you're feeling better.

And that dot waaaaay over here in our nation's capital? That's me.

May 13, 2007 7:27 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

The world map on Site Meter is also my favorite feature, isn't it amazing to have people from around the world reading about the mundane, the simple and the exceptional parts of our lives!?!?!?

May 13, 2007 10:51 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I loved the reference to Carly Simon. I hope you get to Nova Scotia, too. The Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island is Gor. Geous!

Happy Mother's Day. The Child is a very lucky young woman.

Smooch!

May 13, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Happy Mother's day Lorraine!

May 13, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

When I'm online alot I become obsessed with my site meter too. It's fun to watch.

May 13, 2007 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home