Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh geez...

Right. So it appears that I can't leave comments on anyone's blog unless I use my google account. Which mean that for a while, some of you are going to be seeing comments from "The Dog". Because that's the beta blog I set up yesterday. (Plus, when he's not napping, The Dog really needs a creative outlet).

Meanwhile, I've decided to go ahead and make the switch. Only all a sudden, the "Do it" message is gone from my dashboard. So I poke around and learned a few things.

A) The new version of blogger is coming out of beta really soon because they claim they've fixed all the bugs.

2) When it does come out of beta, they're going to start making everybody switch.

c) People with particularly "large blogs" won't be making the switch as soon as other people. How do you know if you can switch? There's a place in your dashboard sidebar that says so. And I don't have one. Which apparently means my blog is now too large to switch just yet. Can you frakking stand it?

So there you go. I'll keep posting on my large blog here and meanwhile, you'll be getting comments from The Dog.

This is stupid beyond belief.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

there
their
they're...
(I just saw that on a t-shirt and found it somewhat comforting)

December 12, 2006 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

That is comforting. Thank you.

December 12, 2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Been there. It's kind of overwelming at first..

Not to mention that the whole google account is a little misleading.

December 12, 2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I wondered who had just left a comment on my bloggity blog! And here I thought I had just entered the schoodle market.

My mothership and fathership recently adopted Max, a labradoodle. He's super-cute.

December 12, 2006 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Indeed, Grish. Very misleading. And I'm so easily confused as it is.

R7E, I'll bet The Dog would love to play with Max. (Cornered the schnoodle market...that's funny).

December 12, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger jLow opined...

I put Hank out there as a blog pal for the Schnoodle. I'm trying to encourage him to enlarge his social circle. You know, become a more rounded canine - - a Renaissance Dog, you might say.

and he is beta too.

When I logged in my "invitation" was gone. Guess I went and got black beta balled.

December 12, 2006 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

It's all very curious, Jlow. I feel like Blogger is watching me.

December 12, 2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger jLow opined...

yeah - it's like they heard me sniping about how "I aint gonna change" and "they can't make me change" and "who do they think they are?!"

why do I feel like me blogging days are numbered?

December 12, 2006 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

after I switched over I sort of felt like I had been tricked or something but I`m getting used to it now..

I often times use the `other` option when commenting though. I can type in my pen name and my blog`s url faster than I can log in about half of the time...

December 12, 2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's going to be ok. Actually, messing with the template in beta isn't (shhhh) that big a deal after all. In fact, it was pretty much designed for coding no-nothings like me.

December 12, 2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's the weirdest thing about my commenting experience today, Grish. Sometimes it's just fine and it's me and my little picture but then sometimes it automatically says I'm "the dog". I'm done trying to figure it out. It's all just a mystery.

December 12, 2006 1:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, Blogger, as it has been famously said, is a booger.

December 13, 2006 6:59 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

FYI I saw this comment by Yas. It makes sense.
aaaack! beta is murderous!!! save a copy of your template to notepad before you do it! i actually saw someone lose all of their links and notes and posts and everything!

December 13, 2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I am incredibly dense. I try ot comment on some blogs, and it tells me I can use my blogger account, but it doens't work.

People are always fixing things when they ain't broke.

December 13, 2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home