Thursday, December 14, 2006

For Your Edification

Based on some earlier comments I feel compelled to get all Wikipedia-ish on y'all:

This week's episode of "Gilmore girls", (a rerun) was still fresh in my mind when I posted earlier. This episode included a scene wherein Lorelei, who does not cook, has made waffles for breakfast. Rory, who has just straggled out of bed, is confused by this display of domesticity and Lorelie explains that she had been unable to sleep.


Lorelei: I mean, how would I pass the time until my one and only offspring, the fruit of my loins…

Rory: Too early.

Lorelei: … loin-fruit that she is, straggled out of bed to grace me with her presence? But then I asked myself, "WWTBFCD?", and it came to me in a flash: I'm gonna make waffles!

Rory: "What would the Barefoot Contessa do?".

Lorelei: Exactly.

Rory: Barefoot's one word.

Lorelei: Shut up, loin-fruit.

I'm just quoting the classics here, people.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

So your saying the offensive phrase is derivitive?

December 14, 2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

A) It was not offensive and 2) it is not derivitive to quote the wit and wisdom of others.

Geez, don't you have work to do?

December 14, 2006 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Try using "hooha fruit." Much less offensive.

December 14, 2006 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I really need to get into this show.

December 14, 2006 12:51 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Hoo ha fruit. the specialty green grocer inthe market used to carry those. But you had to use a really shiny peeler to get the peel off and if your were not very observant you would get the peel off only to discover you had a Hoo Hoo fruit instead.

December 14, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, Stop it. I'm warning you.

Eva, Netflix, baby. I'm telling you.

Eric, Seriously. Go earn that Christmas turkey. (Hey, does the warehouse carry goose?)

December 14, 2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I never really wanted kids before, but now it occurs to me -- I might just have to have a child at some point so I'll have someone I can refer to as "loin-fruit."

December 14, 2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's what I'm saying. How can you not want loin fruit?

December 14, 2006 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

:)

December 14, 2006 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

If only my loins got this much attention on a a regular basis...

December 14, 2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hey, babe, we found that mystical sign...not to worry. (Although, you have done your bit relative to actual loin fruit. Just saying).

December 14, 2006 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home