Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What I Need to Do. Right Now.

Look, ma! An icicle!

It's another snow day. Still no serious snow around here but it's super cold, there's ice everywhere and they say another snow storm is on its way. The good news is that, typically, if snow is actually predicted we don't get any. The best snowstorms we've ever had have always been "gotchas".

But. I absolutely have to make a bank deposit today. So I'm going to bundle up, get some water, put gas in the car and go downtown (because we use a credit union and the branch is really the only place where I can make deposits. Isn't that silly?) I need to go now, while the sun is trying to shine and the roads are clear. Because the sky looks like a fleece blanket and if it does decide to start dumping I want to be safe and warm in my house and not trying to negotiate hilly city streets in all my snow-driving virgin naivete.

So off I go and then I'll come home and post about something that has nothing to do with snow. Promise.

10 Comments:

Blogger HORIZON opined...

I still use my old credit union in the states. Would you believe it changed it's name to Horizon-lol.
Anyway l can send you some sheep if you so desire- there are more sheep than people over here.
l too am looking forward to snow this year but in this part of west Scotland we have the benefit of the gulf stream- good in summer and winter but a bit of a bummer if you want snowed in.
Bests to you Lorraine, keep warm xx

November 29, 2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

We are supposed to be getting our snow tonight. Only 1-3 inches, but it will still turn my 20 minute commute into an hour.

I think I probably wouldn't mind snow at all if it wasn't for the driving thing.

November 29, 2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

I hope you have a quarter in your pocket... you know, in case you run out of gas and need to call home!

November 29, 2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Horizon: Yes, please. Post me a couple of those tarmac sitting sheep as soon as possible. Once they arrive I will learn to shear them, card the wool and take up knitting.

JP: Snow is best enjoyed when one has no where to go. And box wine. For mulling.

Kendall: I nearly left home without my cell phone. What was I thinking?

Charlie: I love drive-up banking. If someone would invent a bank/burger joint with drive-thru live would be perfect.

November 29, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Lorraine, if you served triple-grande-two-percent-no-whip-white-mochas thru that drive-thru contraption of yours, I'd invest!!

(Yay for another snow day.)

November 29, 2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh my gosh, R7E, how did I leave out the requisite espresso machine? We're so onto something here.

November 29, 2006 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

74 degrees outside atm supposed to be 17 tommorow night with a 'wintery mix' whatever that means...

November 29, 2006 3:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

A "wintery mix"? Sounds like something you put in a cute jar and give out as Christmas gifts to the people you don't want to spend money on.

November 29, 2006 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thanks for the Idea!!! :P

November 29, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

We're a full-service operation here at "Here's the Thing". And now that we're planning a drive-thru window, I suggest you buy stock.

November 29, 2006 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home