Monday, November 27, 2006

Here We Go Again

And this time...well, the All-knowing They say the Seattle metro area will get up to 3 inches of snow tonight. The difference between tonight and last night is that the ground is dry and it is even colder. Plus, the current flakes are much smaller and blowing by at a much more determined pace than the lacksidaisical plashing that those fat wet flakes were doing last night.

The Child was busy dancing in said snow. The Spouse warned her that she'd better finish her homework anyway. "Do not tempt Ă–luar, the snow god," he warned. "The surest way to make sure there is no snow tomorrow is to not do your homework tonight because you don't think you're going to school".

So she is. Doing her homework, that is. Something to do with hobbits.

Also, in a stroke of completely random serendipitous hooha, I got an email tonight from my long-lost college room-mate. I can't wait to find out how she found me. More to the point, I'm so thrilled for the opportunity to get back in touch. SPW was one of the truly important friends during my formative years. She moved to New York after our junior year and we tried to stay in touch but then she got married and had babies and well, you know, it was before the internets. It is so going to rock having each other's email address.

Mushroom ravioli in broth, bruschetta with chevre and a big green salad for dinner tonight. Yum.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Maybe the snow is causing a sort of rift in the space/time/reality contium, in which case Hobbit might be a very distinct possibility. This could also explain the child moving slow enough to cause the visual distortion in the picture...Just saying...

November 27, 2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie: She is neither Quaker or angling, just managed to catch her joy vibrations in the shot. Although I do like Grish's "rift in the space/time continuum" because I always liked the sound of that.

November 27, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

I so miss Washington State for this very reason. I love the winter, and miss real winters, not the namby-pamby bull$@!# that passes for winter here in the other Washington (DC). Snow in November -- awesome!!

November 27, 2006 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Man I have a lot of typos on this little keyboard. I think tonight`s post might actually be to explain why I have so many...:P

The `space time continuum ting` is cool. (and Mom said Star Trek would rot my brain) pfft!

November 27, 2006 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Bah! that`s Thing and not ting...I need a spell checker...:)

November 27, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

R7E: They just showed footage of I-5 at a standstill. With maybe 1 inch of snow on the ground. November snow is awesome but seriously, 1 inch of snow shutting down a city? That's a little much.

Grish: Moms are not right about everything. And if you tell that to The Child I will personally see to it that you have a close encounter with the space/time continuum. And it will hurt.

November 27, 2006 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Well since there is the possibility that I will be within arm's reach next year I guess I'll take that one to heart... :P

November 27, 2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Word.

November 27, 2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

The representative from Wisconsin abstains while projecting a sense of smug condescension.

November 28, 2006 4:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, why don't you put on your snowshoes and go ice fishing, Smuggy McSmuggerson.

November 28, 2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Here in North Idaho, we have almost a foot now. No one remembers how to drive in the snow, it seems. Or maybe I'm just surrounded by the new California transplants when I'm on the road. Last night, some idiot was so close to me coming to the stoplight that I literally could not see his headlights! Does he not know that it's always totally icy at stoplights when it's been snowing all day? Can't be from around here.

Today it's 18 degrees out.

November 28, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

I heart snowdays!

November 28, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina, LOL. Meanwhile, I just saw a news reporter who was standing on one of the major thoroughfares, talking about the icy crawl and how a car of guys rolled down their window to ask what was going on. The reporter said, "I'm reporting on the snow". "What?" They were very confused. They were from New Hampshire.

Kendall, Get a lot of those in Florida?

November 28, 2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Not a lot in Florida...but I grew up in the North Georgia "mountains" so I do remember them.

In Florida we get Hurricane Days... I do NOT heart Hurricane Days!

November 28, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No, I would think Hurricane Days would be very nasty indeed and not at all heart-able.

November 28, 2006 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home