Sunday, November 26, 2006

Stylin'

I must confess that this weekend's video tour is partly self-serving. The Parent Association is putting on a Karaoke night next weekend and we've decided that it's going to be an 80s theme and costumes are encouraged. So I'm doing some research. I borrowed the dress Martha Stewart wore for "Wild Thing" and now just have to accessorize. Which is everything when we're talking about the 80s. So please know that as I'm putting up these videos I'm paying especially close attention to the details so that I can represent this decade as authentically as possible.

Also, I would like to say that while James Broadbent has forever changed the way I think about this song, it is still a classic.

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Seven opined...

I'm the only person I know who didn't really like Moulin Rouge, and Mr. Broadbent's song stylings were one reason why. I want to say I "didn't get it," but the truth is: I got it; I just didn't like it.

November 26, 2006 8:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It saddens me that you didn't like "Moulin Rouge" because I thought it was bloody brilliant but I've decided that I like you anyway.

November 26, 2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Thanks! In my circle of peeps, I'm so alone in my opinion of the film that I can fully accept the rhapsody that others experience when viewing it. I did enjoy Baz's Strictly Ballroom very much, if that helps.

And thanks; I've decided that I like you, too.

November 27, 2006 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home