Saturday, November 18, 2006

General Hospital

I was just over at JP's getting all the scoop on Luke and Laura's second marriage. I did not realize that this was going on and it made me sad because I was at their first wedding and had a wonderful time.

I got into "General Hospital" in the early '80s, the era of Luke and Laura, Frisco and whats-her-name, Holly and Scorpio and then Anna and Scorpio (who I just loved and adored and of course, their daughter little Robin is now grown-up, HIV positive and working at GH. I check in enough to know that). There was some pretty good storytelling going on in those days. And music. GH seems to have a big thing for doctors who really want to be rock and rollers (unless they are detectives (Frisco) or spoiled rich family-corporation-bound Quartermaines (Ned) who just want to rock and roll). One or two pop hits over the years came out of this "what will I be when I grow up" dilemma. And none of them, none of them was hotter than this one by Rick Springfield, or as I still like to call him, Dr. Noah Drake:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Excellent choice, and excellent segueway. I didn't see it comin'.

November 18, 2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Seriously? It seemed pretty obvious. Obvious, but necessary.

November 18, 2006 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Frisco's gf was Felicia.

November 18, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I remember Felicia, but not Frisco. Everybody else you mentioned came back to the show this year. Scorpio was at the wedding. His daughter Robin is dating Rick Springfield's son.

November 18, 2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yes, Nicole, but before Felicia there was some chick with a Russian name and both Frisco and Tony were in love with her. What was her name, Miss Smartypants?

November 18, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

When I was a kid, one of my father's friends wrote a letter to Genie Francis on my behalf. Genie's people responded with a form fan response letter and an autographed headshot. I was nine years old, and thought I had a new best friend.

November 18, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'm sure she thinks of you often and that if she only knew you still cared she'd make her peace with the producers and be back on GH without the dementia.

November 18, 2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home