Monday, November 13, 2006

Iwanskifest: Day 3

And so Iwanskifest concludes, with the traditional singing of carols...(on the first day of Iwanskifest, my true love gave to me, a deep dish pie in a box...) and the consuming of ribs. They were yummy.














"Presents, presents!" chanted The Child, for like all good children, she looks forward to a visit from the Great Iwanski and his faithful helper, Miss Healthypants, who will leave their gifts of celery and mineral water. But we reminded her that he wouldn't come unless she was sound asleep.














"So, are we going to do this next year?" she asked.















Yeah. Oh, yeah.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yum yum. You making me want BBQ...

November 14, 2006 5:23 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Oh. My. God.
Eating with fingers. Shivers are going up my spine.

November 14, 2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's some good 'q, too, Grish. I'm not even that big of a rib fan but these were tasty.

Note to self: Make sure there are latex gloves in the house when Jon comes for Iwanskifest 2. (That was one of The Child's wishes last night, btw, that you and the Iwanskis will someday celebrate with us. Too cute).

November 14, 2006 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

They start small like this, and then before you know it streets are being roped off and there are parades and carnivals and live music.

Long live Iwanskifest.

November 14, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, we can only hope! I'm going to start designing an Iwanskifest float right now!

November 14, 2006 12:31 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

And you did not mention the Iwanski Fest Miracle

November 14, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Let me repeat myself.

More honored I could not be.

I'm busting.

November 14, 2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, Iwanski, I only you had as much fun knowing this was taking place as we had doing it.

November 14, 2006 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hooray for Iwanskifest! You have made us both feel so special! *grin*

Thanks again,

MHP :)

November 14, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Tweren't nothing, MSP...the pleasure (and the weight gain) were all ours. Now about that shopping trip...

November 14, 2006 7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home