Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday, Friday

It's a beautiful day. We are experiencing a wee reprieve from the lashing rainstorms that have allowed us to break the all-time record for rainfall in the month of November. (And note, the month isn't over yet). Birds are chirping, the workers next door are hammering away at The Neighbor's and life is good.

This afternoon I'm attending a baby shower for Good Coach Amy, The Child is going to a sleepover and The Spouse is making fried chicken for dinner tonight. We'll be entertaining one of his "imaginary" gaming friends, who is apparently an actual person. Assuming this does not interfere with my optimal "Battlestar Galactica" viewing time, I'm sure it will be a lovely evening.

Also, I'm eating a really excellent chocolate-almond candybar for lunch. That might be a little foolhardy given that Iwanskifest resulted in a net weight gain of 3 pounds. Factoring in fried chicken and Thanksgiving festivities I should probably be eating an apple.

I'll start fasting tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I've started a blog over at the Democratic Party website. (Those Democrats, seriously, they will let anyone in the club). I don't know that I'll post on it that often but it seemed like a nice way to get wonky when I felt like it without necessarily imposing said wonkiness upon you. Not that I won't still have my moments over here. I will. But it's a good outlet for me. You know how I enjoy my outlets. Any way, you're welcome to check it out here if you have nothing else to do.

And now I need to tidy up for aforementioned dinner guest. Just a few hours until "All '80's Saturday". I know that excites at least one person.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

It's actually a front for the repulicans so they can get an idea how big to make the camps. Nice post on the wonk site honey

November 17, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're probably right. Geez, I hope I get a cell next to Iwanski.

November 17, 2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Don't start fasting until Tuesday, please. Please? Pretty please?

November 17, 2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No fears, dear. I am not preparing a fat-drenched meal and if I fast on either side of it that will be ok. You are going to be served more than a vegetable platter with soy yougurt dip. Promise.

November 17, 2006 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Your a Democrat?...:)

November 17, 2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Dang it, I just outed myself, didn't I? And I'd been doing such a good job of keeping it secret. Rats.

November 17, 2006 3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I LOVE the 80's. You probably did not know that.

November 17, 2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

All '80's Saturday? On VH1? Drat! I'm going to miss it. I'll have to TiVo it. :) I haven't gotten up the courage to check your wonkette blog yet. I'm afraid. ;)

November 17, 2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

WONK ME Lorraine....WONK ME!

November 17, 2006 5:06 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, No, I did not know that! I'll bet you don't watch "Battlestar" either.

No, Gina, 80s weekend right here on "Here's the Thing". It's my new thing. 'Cause of JP, mostly. (He's such a bad influence).

Kendall, Consider yourself wonked.

November 17, 2006 5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I enjoyed your wonkiness over at the Dem's blog.I've said it before,you say what I would like to say,only,..you know,..coherently. :)
Have a great weekend!

EDIT: your word verification thingy is really tiny..I should get bonus points for deciphering it...I'm just sayin'..

November 17, 2006 8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hey just got the chance to go over and read your Dem blog. Good stuff.

November 18, 2006 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

All 80's Saturday, tremendous political commentary AND the word 'wonkiness'? I'm simply delighted to know you, quite frankly.

November 18, 2006 1:23 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're funny, Sling, I generally find you plenty coherent. (What's that say about me, huh?)

Thanks G & E...you kids are so nice.

November 18, 2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

My apologies for my drunken 1 a.m. pro-Carville rant on the Democrat blog.

November 18, 2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No apologies required.

November 18, 2006 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home