Thursday, November 16, 2006

Volleyball Photo Album

Here's what we saw a lot of this season. That's my darling Mac next to The Child. She's become a hanging out/singing pop songs/talking about everything sort of friend to The Child. She's a gift. Mac asked me last night what she should call me (since we're starting to spend more time together and she's not allowed to address adults by their first names).

"Auntie"? I suggested.

"Really, I can call you 'Auntie'? That's so awesome!" she said, all breathless and moved.

I love that.




And here you see The Child between scoring points. Note the nice long shorts





















And wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I got this shot of her, right before she had her "biff at the net" opportunity. Check out that form. Note the poised toes. What a rock star.




















This is the team. Please note that Bad Coach has NOT been inducted into the Exalted Order of Koihead. This is a mocking use of the koi. Most fitting.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Auntie L, Auntie L! That's just fun to say.

November 16, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Eric opined...

OK I spattered spittum all over my monitor when I saw the Koi Koach

November 16, 2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Evangeline, it's almost as classic as "Auntie Em, Auntie Em". Best go see that the latch on the storm celler is intact.

Well, that's just nasty, dear. Please clean it up.

November 16, 2006 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Being called Auntie is cool.

Bad coach deserves the mocking of the koi... :)

November 16, 2006 2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm giving Eric an award of the day for use of the words "spattered spittum."

November 16, 2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

That is just too hilarious. And the photos accompanying the previous play-by-play make me feel as though I was sitting in the stands with you. In fact, I my ears are still ringing from the roar of the crowd.

November 16, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pretty cool, Grish. And I thought the mocking of the koi was far more kind than photoshopping devil horns on his head.

We'll put it on the mantel, JP. Hopefully he'll not spatter spew on it.

Pretty exciting, huh, Gina?

November 16, 2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Well, Auntie -- one of my very best hanging out/singing pop songs/talking about everything friends will be visiting you next week. And you're right -- everyone needs at least one of those ...

November 16, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Red7 - No way! I knew I liked you. Can't wait to see him. (I've finally decided on a menu, thank heaven).

November 16, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

The koi can be a reward and an honor, but beware! It can also be a weapon of mockery.

November 16, 2006 7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The term "Biff at the net"

Well...it's a little confusing. ;)

I dig the Koi mask

Steve~

November 17, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Steven, You know, biff...to just sorta go, well, biff with your fist...not quite a spike but with the same general effect. It's not an official sports term. But I think it should be.

The Koi is a very powerful force on this blog, for both good and ill.

November 17, 2006 7:49 AM  
Blogger HORIZON opined...

Good shot of your lass Lorraine! Laughed at the Koi head:)
Brilliant!

November 17, 2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home