Monday, September 25, 2006

Worth Noting

1. This article appeared in yesterday's NY Times. No. Really? Democrats, can you say "talking point"?

2. After The Wedding we were chatting with Father R about our wedding day and about him performing the nuptials for The Child (when he is 85) and appropos of nothing he stroked The Spouse's lapel and said, "Nice threads".













3. Ever notice how when you aren't home for 3 days except to sleep and you don't do any cooking your house still gets really messy? The Spouse said it was the result of a "drop and go" lifestyle. I'm glad we don't live like that much. It's under control now. Although I have 412 pounds of laundry to do.

4. The "Gilmore girls" season premier is in 24 hours, 45 minutes. Yes, I'm keeping track. Priorities.

5. We finished watching season 2 of Battlestar Galactica last night. Or as I like to call it, the best show on television. Ever. I can't wait for the premier of season 3. October 6. Whoohoo.

6. I just went to wake The Child. She actually started crying because she is so tired. We all are. I'm letting her sleep a couple more hours. But she's still going to school today.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Putting sanity above education -- now that is a good mom. No way could she have learned anything being that tired.

As of this comment, 29 hours, 29 minutes until new Gilmores. I am counting down as well. I just hope it's good.

September 25, 2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, despite the fact that I kinda feel like I'm letting her get away with something. But she really is a mess. Whatever, right? Eventually she'll learn to have a social life AND still show up for work. I hope. Unless I'm ruining her chances for success.

And where the hell did I come up with that first Gilmore girls number? Talk about sleep deprivation. As of this moment, PDT, countdown is 32 hours, 13 minutes. Sheesh.

September 25, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Here's a "heads up" for ya.
Nigella Lawson's new series, "Feast" will being on Oct 1st on the Food Network Thing.
At least Nigella might tone down the Rachel Ray component.
At any rate, my Negella is fabulous.

September 25, 2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks for that "worth noting", Jon. I heart Nigella. But don't be dissing Rachael. I heart her, too. Gg in 30 hours, 42 minutes, btw.

September 25, 2006 1:26 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Rachael Ray used to bug me. Now I'm starting to think she's a cutie. Please kill me.

September 25, 2006 7:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

No, Iwanski, I won't. Because she IS a cutie. That's just your good judgement sneaking through. Go stick a spatula up your nose. You'll be fine.

September 25, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

BSG! BSG! BSG!

September 26, 2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Thank for the link to the NYT article. Similar sentiments are being expressed in the UK press at the moment... although I'm pretty sure our newspapers don't use words like "metastasized".

As for giving your child a day off school... don't worry about it... as a fully-qualified secondary school teacher, I absolve you of any edu-sins incurred. Some things ARE more important than school.

September 26, 2006 5:01 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish: So say we all!

D: Thank you for the absolution. I was a little conflicted at first because I thought she might be playing me. But we all really were wiped out. I took a 3 hour nap myself yesterday!

September 26, 2006 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home