Saturday, September 23, 2006

Places Everyone

I hope to provide slightly more in-depth coverage of this weekend's festivities but it won't be now.

I have to force The Child, at gunpoint, away from her computer and into the shower. Then I have to force The Spouse, at gunpoint, out of bed. This will be complicated by the fact that I abhor guns and we don't have one.

Once everyone is buffed and fluffed we head downtown. The basic ops look something like this:

Spouse picks up suit
Child and I head to Rudy's Barber Shop
Spouse joins us at Barber Shop
We all get coiffed

Return home to:
Steam wedding frocks
Don wedding frocks
Photograph fabulous selves in wedding frocks
Be at the chapel by 2:45


Hence little time for serious blogging. But I can tell you that the wedding rehearsal went smoothly. Here's The Child taking her role as Junior Bridesmaid very seriously. (She was adorable last night, charming everyone with her loving little self).











The Bride preparing to walk down the aisle with her mum. (Such lovely families both these kids come from. We had the best time at dinner. There was lots of crying. The good kind).















And here are The Bride & Prince practising their vows: "I take you to be my husband, etc. etc. etc". They were both so serene and radiant last night. Among the people truly suited for each other these are 2 people who are truly, truly suited for each other.



















And that is all y'all are going to get today because I'm busy.



P.S. On a strictly personal note: Thank you, Dame Judi, for being in labor 49 years ago. I appreciate it.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Otilia opined...

Yes, thank you, Dame Judi.

Happy Birthday Lorraine.

September 23, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Edy. And I am so looking forward to putting on those gorgeous dancing shoes of yours. You are the best!

September 23, 2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Good thing I read the comments, or I would've missed that very, very, subtle hint.

Happy Birthday pumpkin!!!!!

September 23, 2006 10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Happy birthday girl! If you thought we'd miss that little comment because it was in small print, think again.

I may be blonde, but, um....something.

September 23, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP & S&C, Subtle. That's my middle name. Thanks for the good wishes. I heart you both.

September 24, 2006 10:31 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

Lorraine, I am ever so EVER so glad you were born. xo

haven't seen you in months, but one trip to your blog and I'm awash with tears.

September 24, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pamelamama, *smooch* and thanks and happy New Year.

September 24, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Renee opined...

happy shared birthday from william.

September 24, 2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Renee, Right back at the Adorable One.

September 24, 2006 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home