Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Reception: An Even Shorter Photo Essay

The reception was a terrific amount of fun. It was reflective of all the style and grace of the Couple and full of happy tears, hugs and well, yes, quite delicious food. We danced like fools (including a birthday song dedicated to moi and the Groom. His birthday is today. It was very sweet of the Bride to make that gesture. All day, whenever we spoke, she said, "Happy birthday" to which I responded "Happy Wedding Day". I think she was very smart to get married on my birthday. I will actually remember her anniversary. Also, I should add that The Spouse, The Neighbor and other friends serenaded me. Which was very sweet of them).

The Child is very fond of the Grand Entrance and of generally playing dressup. The wedding was a dream come true for her. She was very busy and happy all day, but would occasionally come up to me, plant a kiss on my face and run off again.

Apparently, at one point in the evening The Child was cooling off out on the street with some other partygoers. A mother was walking up the sidewalk with her two children. The little boy saw The Child and said, "Mommy, there's a princess!" She was, too. And she had a fabulous time. And her feet were killing her by the time we got home. (And yet she still came in 4th in her class at the school jog-a-thon this afternoon). Here's my not-s0-little princess with the rest of the wedding party, applauding the entrance of the Bride and Groom.














The Bride & Groom's first dance ("Come Away with Me", by Norah Jones if you must know).















This is our beautiful friend ReeRee with her handsome beau, Jerry. ReeRee sang a knockout "Ave Maria" at the wedding and also handmade dozens and dozens of to-die-for chocolate truffles for the reception. Note the lovely dahlia arrangements.














This is The Neighbor with our friend, Kina. By the way, I cannot sit with Kina ever again at a wedding because the two of us were blubbering wet messes.














The Bride with her sister and the girls. The Bride has that look on her face because Lindsay had just given me a hug and thanked me for all the love that we've given The Bride over the years, which started the waterworks again and so I was bawling my face off when I turned to take this picture. Fortunately, the DJ cued up "Lady Marmelade" (the Moulin Rouge version) and that snapped me out of it.





















And that, my friends, is that. The New Couple rode off on their honeymoon stallion, my house is full of left-over dahlias and we are all exhausted. It is time to rest. God bless the New Couple, always and forever.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Iwanski opined...

Nice. Hey, let me be the 3,000th person to say Happy Birthday.

September 24, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, actually, Iwanski, I believe you are the 2,873rd. So thank you.

September 24, 2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Well, I missed the debut of all these wonderful photos, what with it being the weekend and all, so let me say now - you all look GORGEOUS and the Bride and Prince look wonderful. And Happy, happy birthday Lorraine! That must be 2,874 now.

My best friend's daughter got married on the 23rd too, but too far away for me to go. :( And how clever of you to marry a man whose birthday is the day after yours! :)

September 25, 2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank you, thank you, Gina.

September 25, 2006 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home