Thursday, September 21, 2006

Huzzah

The Spouse and I have officially been married for 15 years. We're dying to know who won the pool.

You see, we had a very brief courtship. We started dating in October. In December he got a gig on a tv movie that was being shot in Portland and was out of town for 3 weeks. When he returned he asked me to marry him. At that point we hadn't met each other's families and only a few of each other's friends. The reaction to our engagement is perhaps best typified by a conversation I had with my Best Friend, when I called to tell her the news:

Moi: Lor, I'm getting married.

Lorene: (Squeal of delight) That's so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Um, would it be inappropriate to ask who you're marrying?

So, while we were surrounded by loving, supportive people on the day of our wedding we have always had a sneaking feeling that someone was making book on our odds and we're pretty sure that no one had "15 years" in the pool.

But here we are. It might have seemed whirlwind from the outside looking in but for both of us, we pretty much knew from the start that this was It. And It has been a rich and wonderful 15 years.

Happy Anniversary, Pookie. I love you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Renee opined...

Just wanted to say that my best friend's name is Lorena.

Also that I'm happy for you. In high school, Phil had a teacher (who also happened to be a priest)whom he told he wanted to marry me. The priest laughed at him and said he would pay him $1000 if we made it to our 25th anniversary. I'm waiting to collect in 22 years, Fr. Kuffel.

September 21, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hee!

It sounds so corny to say - and I used to think it was corny whenever I heard it - but when you know, you know.

September 21, 2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger jLow opined...

Congrats on the 15!!

. . . and it doesn't sound corny at all because when you know, you really do know. (If I'd known who was working the bets for mine, I would have got a piece of the action because I knew it was - and still is - a sure thing.)

September 21, 2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Jlow. Ain't it grand? We're blessed.

September 21, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

Wow.

September 21, 2006 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I just love it when nice things happen to nice people.
Happy congrats on 15 years!

September 21, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Edy, Methinks you are being a goofball.

Thanks, Sling.

September 21, 2006 7:09 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

.:)

September 21, 2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Happy Anniversary! Wow. In dog years, this is your 105th, I think.

September 22, 2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Congratulations. We reach our 15th next year.

September 23, 2006 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home