Saturday, August 12, 2006

Friday Night

Last night The Spouse went to his 30th high school reunion. I didn't go with him, having satisfied that obligation back on his 20th, which also happened to fall on our 5th wedding anniversary. There are few things in life more boring than attending someone else's reunion. Just saying.

The Child and I were all excited to have a Girls Night In. We were going to eat macaroni & cheese, have caramel corn for dessert and watch a chick flick.

"What are we going to watch?" I ask The Child.

"I don't know," she said, perusing the DVDs on the shelf. "Harry Potter?"

"Strictly speaking, Harry Potter is not a chick flick," I said. "Which one?"

"4".

"I could watch Harry Potter 4," I said, "as long as you understand that it is not a chick flick".

"Sure it is," she said, pointing to the cover. "It's a flick. This is a chick," she said, indicating
Emma Watson. Then she pointed to Daniel Radcliffe and said, "And this is a hottie".

I stand corrected.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Supposedly DR is doing a play in London where he has to sit naked on a horse at one point.

Probably best not to share this information with The Child.

August 12, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Thank goodness for children to make sure that we know what we don't know, eh?

Now we know the truth about Harry Potter 4.

August 12, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

That was very cute...

August 12, 2006 1:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

JP, I will not tell her. I may go on a fact finding mission to London, but I will NOT tell her.

S&C, Word. And actually, with all the boy-girl tension in 4 it's probably the most chick flicky of the lot.

Grish, Yeah, pretty cute. Although I'm still not sure I'm ready to have a child old enough to identify "hotties".

August 12, 2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

With all due respect to you daughter, my logic differs somewhat from hers:

It is a laboratory-tested biological fact that I cannot sit through chick flicks. I have happily sat through all of the Harry Potter movies, some more than once. Therefore, none of the Harry Potter movies are chick flicks.

August 12, 2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

A pox on chick flix!..With the possible exception of "Fried Green Tomatoes",..and "Bridges of Madison County"..and "Six days,Seven nights"..OOHH! and "How to lose a guy in 10 days"..But otherwise,..a pox I say!

August 13, 2006 3:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling, Methinks thou dost protest too much. You had me at hello.

(BTW, The Spouse says to tell you Beth died).

August 13, 2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Hina opined...

Hi Lorraine!! I'm back, but you already know that!

Ok, here's another go at this... I'm back to reading other people's blogs!

And OH MY GOD, your child can identify hotties???? This was a VERY cute post!

August 14, 2006 4:42 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hina, Welcome home, again. And just you wait...

August 14, 2006 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home