Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Tropical Heat Wave



It's Cocktail Tuesday. I invented this drink today:

In a blender combine a bag of frozen cherries and a few splashes of fruit juice (I used apple/grape because that's what we had). Puree until smooth. Add in 2 oz lime juice, 2 T. sugar, an ounce or two of triple sec and 4 - 5 ounces of light rum. Blend again and serve.

(This is the adjusted recipe...I put in too much lime juice at first and had to add some mixed berries to tone it down. 2 ounces is plenty).

Very refreshing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

I'm thinkin' pineapple spear garnish..Nice looking cocktail kid!..

June 27, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Dammit, I just remembered that I have some of those plastic mermaid glass hangie onie things. Shoot.

June 27, 2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Niiiice, I'll take mine on the patio...

June 27, 2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Great. I finally decide to move back to the cool, damp drizzle of Seattle from the Dantesque scorching of Utah and the damn global warming kicks in. Sigh. At least I can stop by for a cool cocktail...or four.

June 27, 2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, kids, looks like Mama better lay in a supply of frozen cherries.

June 28, 2006 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I think you should call it "the Cardinal" and include a tiny crozier for a swizzle stick.

Man, these liturgical flabellae really come in handy in a heat wave!

June 28, 2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Speaking as among the first to imbibe this might-fine creation, I must say it's fan-summer-tastic. Snaps to you, LT!

~BBBMaaaaartinez(K)

June 28, 2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

"The Cardinal" it is! Perfect. Now I just have to send off to Tiffany's for the mini croziers.

Glad you liked it, BBBM(K).

June 28, 2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, Maybe Amy can photo shop you into a glass of rum.

June 28, 2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home