Friday, June 23, 2006

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning


So far global warming is totally working for me. Used to be that June in the Northwest was nothing but rainy. We'd get a few good weeks in late July and then the temperatures would start to trend toward the cool and autumnal. I became quite the pro at making dishes with green tomatoes as it was never hot enough for them to ripen. Those days are gone, it would seem. Not only do I now get ripe tomatoes, I can even grow peppers. Plus, I heard a meterologist the other day talking about some computer model he did relative to the effects of global warming, at its current pace, on weather patterns here and the bottom line is we'd warm up but we wouldn't burn up. I'm so buying a Hummer now.

Kidding.

But I like ripe tomatoes.

So anyway, I was having my coffee out on the deck in the beautiful morning air, delighting in the play of sunlight through The Neighbor's apple trees and planning the menu for tomorrow night. It will be super fantastic. I still have to come up with something for aperitif but at least I know what I'm cooking and, more importantly, what wine ChouChou needs to bring. So that's a load off.

And I finished my stupid writing project and will submit it today and say "toodle-oo and good riddance" to it. Do all writer's feel this grumpy when they finally finish something or is this just a hang-over from yesterday's writer's block? Meh, who cares? I'm done.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

"aperitif" -- is that like appetizers?

I could google it but I'd rather ask you.

June 23, 2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Kinda...in France they have this time, an hour or so before dinner, where you just have a little nibble of some sort (like olives and/or nuts) and a glass of champagne or light wine. It's very civilized and because the eats are very light it just revs you up for dinner instead of filling you up before you even get to the table.

June 23, 2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

You know, I always like to stand up and defend this and that, just because I can and when the global warming thing got pretty heavy I admit I started to jump on that bandwagon.

Until last winter in January, when it was almost 70 degrees and I was outside enjoying a picnic with the kids. I'm just plain confused now...:)

June 23, 2006 5:35 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Maybe you can enjoy your tomatoes with a nice glass of melted polar ice cap.

Ahhh... that hits the spot!

June 23, 2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home