Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We're Havin' a Heat Wave...


The Spouse emails that the little air conditioners are sold out at the warehouse near his office. I volunteer to go to the Costco near us to see if there are still some available. There aren't. Just big honking things. There is a fan that looks roughly like a jet plane engine. I buy it.

On the way back home I think to stop in at Home Depot to see what they have. I buy 3 fans (2 table top and one on a stick), thus allowing me to cool both bedrooms and the family room for the same price as one jet engine. I return the engine to Costco, creating much hilarity at the Customer Service desk as people are not returning fans today.

I take them home and lo and behold, they have to be assembled. Which I do. By myself. I'm a rock star.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

I live a just a tad further south than you guys, so it's nothing to see 90 degrees during the summer and during July through the end of September it's common to see it occasionally peek 105 or so.

Needless to say I have three air conditions and two of them get ran for a little while every day...

June 27, 2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

What the hell does somebody in the Pacific Northwest need with an air conditioner?

I besmirch it.

June 28, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, I shall now sing "Free Bird".

Grish, You NEED an air conditioner. So do you, Iwanski. I agree that it is a frivilous appliance for a clime such as ours and I'm very glad we were "forced" by availability issues to stick to the time honored fan. That and just bitching about the heat 3 days out of the year. There's a word for what we NWsters are in the heat but I'm technically a feminist so I can't technically use it.

June 28, 2006 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home