Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bad Alice Asks

Bad Alice was wondering where she'd get lavendar for the chicken recipe I gave the other day. (You're right, BA, it isn't something commonly found in the produce section but get yourself a little plant from a nursery and grow it in a pot. It will make you happy even if you never cook with it).

I really like lavendar. It's cooking applications are limited and I haven't figured out how to make those groovy lavendar wands that look so very Martha Stewart when placed in one's linen closet. (I found directions once but just don't have the crafty gene). But it is beautiful and fragrant and grows exceedingly well in crap soil so long as it gets lots of sun and doesn't get watered very often. Which makes it the perfect garden plant pour moi. That is why I have it growing here:















and here:
















and (cue the Edith Piaf) here:





















I also have a quantity of rosemary.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sweet Jesus, it's sad to see that the rosemary is in such a sorry, pitiful dearth. You taunt your friends with the image of fecund bounty, but really, we who live in close proximity know that rosemary at your house is always in short supply. Tragic, really.

BBBMaaartinez(K)

June 27, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Lovely. I'd post pictures of my wife's herb garden, but I don't want to make the DEA's job any easier.

June 27, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

BBB, Yes, too well you know the dreadful impact our paucity of rosemary has had on those around us.

Pat, That's what Photo Shop is for.

June 27, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I had a joke but thought better of it when I seen the DEA comment...

June 27, 2006 10:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And Grish, we're pretty sure this blog is being monitored by our good friends the Feds. Best not add fuel to the fire, eh? Did you hear that?

June 28, 2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I love the smell of rosemary. Aveda has a line of products using rosemary and I could happily steep myself in it. In Phoenix you used to see rosemary everywhere. I guess it held up to the intense heat and lack of water.

June 28, 2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home