Friday, June 23, 2006

Blogging Stuff Around the House. Or in This Case, Outside.


These are my pudding molds. I collect them from tag sales & shops that sell used things. I don't think I've spent more than 50 cents on any of them. I don't make that many puddings so there's really no culinary use for them but I like their shapes and the way the morning sun glints off their little copper bits.

There used to be a restaurant in the Belltown area of Seattle that had the entire outside covered in such molds. It was referred to as the "Jell-o mold" building. Belltown used to be a hipster neighborhood where grunge bands played at the Oxford and artists had cheap lofts. Then the developers saw the views and in came the condos and swank restaurants. The Jell-o mold building fell to the wrecking ball and there you go. But the spirit lives on in the back of my house. Which could use some paint.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

I loved that building. It housed the Cyclops restaurant, before they swanked up and moved up. In the opposite order. Love the molds by the way. Sounds strange to say that about mold.

June 23, 2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Hah! Dyslexia strikes again! I read that first line as "mudding poles" and thought, "Huh...now I wonder why she calls them that?" What a dork.

June 23, 2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Re: word for the day (or two):

I long ago got rid of my peculator because I think although it fills my (Raphael) apartments with a lovely aroma, the coffee tastes like bat poo. Now I'm committed to drip, and of course the conversion of the heathen.

Whoops, must fly! Must finish my miter cozy before vespers.

June 23, 2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Amy opined...

Gosh I love stuff like that... just something a little different - something with a bit-o-personality - hehe... swapping a cookie cutter life for a puddin' mold world..

June 24, 2006 5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home