Thursday, June 29, 2006

Shout out to the 28th

The coolest thing just happened.

When The Spouse goes online to play his war game he is very often plugged in to a headset. He was yakking away to all his buddies while I was trying to watch a rerun of "Friends" (the one where Ross is trying to get a grant from the exboyfriend of his current girlfriend, Charlie. Where the exboyfriend asks the other applicants questions like "How many graduate students wll you need?" and asks Ross "What's my birthday?") So anyway, I'm yelling at The Spouse to shut up and all of a sudden he hands me the headphones and I start talking to all these guys who, heretofore, I have regarded as his "imaginary friends" and there they are...these funny, articulate guys who are asking me about my blog and my child and whatever. We talked about net neutrality and html and, well, just stuff and it was really cool.

So roll on 28th and thanks for keeping my husband out of the bars.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grish opined...

Lol, how funny. My wife seems to think the same way about me and my internet habits though...

June 30, 2006 2:46 AM  
Blogger Amy opined...

It is cool, innit? When I stopped by Texas to visit S1 and Charlie - their kind host (and he was very, very nice) asked us how our day went... Charlie said it was strange... And his host said strange day because you were with a stranger... And S1 said - Amy's not a stranger, she's in our house everyday. I just smiled and thought how cool it was that technology - like ye good olde webbie cammie - and the blogworld - had put me in touch with a group of cool folks.

June 30, 2006 5:34 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, I realize that one can believe without seeing but hearing those guys did kind of set my mind at ease.

Too true, Amy, too true. And when I think of the length and breadth of my corner of Blogopia...I mean, come on, where was I going to meet a young mom in Dubai or a cat-hater in Scotland with this kind of ease pre-Interenet? It's the coolest thing EVAH!

June 30, 2006 7:26 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Actually I meant about it keeping me outa bars...:P

July 02, 2006 2:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

LOL! Oh, well, yeah...that is definately an advantage. Sometimes I still feel like a war widow but at least I know where the body is.

July 02, 2006 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home