Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Perfect Fit

Part of the tax refund was earmarked for Mommy. Mommy went shoe shopping.

I wish I could explain what it is about (most) women and shoes but I can't. I just know that given a perfect world, where everyone is fed, healthy, educated and living in peace that whole Imelda Marcos thing makes complete sense to me. For most women shoe shopping is a guilty pleasure, right up there with chocolate and soaps. But the beauty of it is that while you can, theoretically, live without chocolate, in most circumstances you have to have shoes.

Being that I am totally conscientious and all that crap I got rid of 4 pairs of shoes that I do not wear/love/or find comfortable. And, not having Carrie Bradshaw's budget, I also took advantage of the BOGO sale at Payless. Therefore, having made all the necessary justifications to anyone who doesn't get the shoe thing (because obviously I don't have to explain myself to those of you who do) let's take a peek at what Mommy got:

First:

A classic little black pump. Because my only black heels have an ankle strap and a 3 inch heel and even though they are totally comfortable, sometimes a girl just needs something a little less skyscrapery. The little smidge of detailing keeps things interesting.

Next we have:

I know what you're thinking: a bit too Boho for my style. But 1) every girl needs a gold slipper and b) we are going to an auction next month with the theme "Passage to India" and I have the right dress but needed something that said "Developing World with Attitude". Plus I can totally see wearing these with jeans.

3rd:

I have owned exactly one pair of white shoes in my life and I wore them on my wedding day. These are not white but cream. (Did you feel that? All the men just rolled their eyes at exactly the same time). Classic little sling for those times when I need a neutral (and I do have things that I don't wear as often because a dark shoe won't work). Very basic wardrobe need solved with this baby.

And finally:

Heavens to Manolo, this is my favorite of them all. Beautiful brown mule with super detailing and oh golly is it comfy. Not only do I now have the perfect shoe to wear with the few brown things in my wardrobe, I anticipate buying more brown just so I have an excuse to wear this completely adorable shoe.

Thank you for indulging me. I will try to write something substantive and meaningful next time.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

hmmm which pair to chew first. I do know I want to save the pink slipper for desert. It looks like frosting.
Afterall...I'm just a little dog

April 25, 2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

Love love love the gold slipper! A boho on bogo, way to go!

April 25, 2006 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

What wasn't substantive and meaningful?

April 25, 2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Neighb, I knew you understood.

April 25, 2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

April 26, 2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger Middle Child opined...

Wow! Spunky stuff lorraine. My daughter Melissa is the only person I know who would out do you here. She has a "shoe display in the cornere of her dressing room...not her bedroom...her whole actual dressing room and she lives in rented premises....you are in the best company you foot fiend. Me - I love sneaker and slip ons - ankle spurs are not catered for amongst the glamerous feet... and yes, I admit that I love the shoes my daughters wear, and my sisters... I just copped a wierd bony ankle which only comfy shoes will accomodate so I have to love them for the comfort they bring...sob!

April 27, 2006 11:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

The only time I had a shoe thing was back in high school when I sold shoes for a living for two years. I owned 25 pairs of shoes! After that stint, though, I fell back into buying shoes in the manner to which I was accustomed - one pair a year, maybe two if I was feeling spunky. Growing up we were dirt poor. I learned to make do with Ked knock-offs that had to last the school year or until my rapidly growing feet grew out of them. When it wasn't Ked knock-offs, it was saddle shoes. Those two years in high school I actually felt cool for once. I had blue shoes! BLUE SHOES! Such a splurge! I did go through a spree back when stretch stirrup pants paired with extra long women's Hawaiian shirts and pointy stilettos were in style. Payless to the rescue. I had purple, green, black, gold, and white pumps to go with all my outfits. Payless was the one place I could find 9 1/2s that were comfy. Now, I'm a black loafer, black mule, or black sandal kind of gal... most shoes are woefully uncomfortable. sigh..

May 01, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina, Omigosh. I once had blue suede saddle shoes. Trust me. They were hot.

May 01, 2006 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home