Friday, April 21, 2006

5 Things


Our lawn needs to be mowed. Seriously.

There is a bird, which I'm not clever enough to identify, singing madly in an apple tree outside. It is a rainy morning but he is determined to make it feel like spring today.

An oddly antiseptic smell is wafting from the general direction of the kitchen sink. I plan to go under there eventually and see what has spilled or otherwise needs it's cap tightened.

The best reason I know of to get up early is that the coffee will be at it's best in the minutes after it is brewed. I waited a bit too long to rise this morning and all I can say about my current cup of coffee is that it is hot.

My desk chair is no longer comfortable.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

We need a herd of tiny Sheep.
It will give the dog something to do

April 21, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Wow, I don't feel so bad about my lawn now. ;) Spring in the Pacific Northwest is fun, isn't it? It rains so much you can't mow, but the grass grows like mad. Yes, I think sheep are the answer.

April 21, 2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina: I'm going to take an after picture if the lawn is ever mowed. There are full grown lavendar plants hiding behind that grass. It is BAD.

April 21, 2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Could always just fence it in and fill it with Goats ... never have to mow again :P

April 21, 2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish: We are big on the goat around here. I was thinking that a pygmy goat to eat the grass and play with The Dog might make everyone happy.

April 21, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Ohhh...! That would be marvelous! You MUST do that.

May 01, 2006 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home