Saturday, April 22, 2006

How to Create a Monster


1. Eat pizza with The Family and watch "Xanadu" because jp kept talking about it.

(Maybe it was just the pizza talking but if they'd left a couple of scenes on the cutting room floor it could have been a pretty decent movie. Plus it has Gene Kelly. And of course, Olivia Newton-John, the prettiest girl in the world. (The Spouse said that he was once in love with her and thought all Australian women were that beautiful.)

2. Temporarily fail to remember that the tune "Xanadu" is musical heroin.

3. Remember that the tune "Xanadu" is musical heroin when The Child wakes up humming it. And humming it.

4. Get Child to focus on stupid trade paper about Egyptian cotton by promising that if she stops singing the word "Xanadu" over and over you'll let her watch a clip of the song on Uncle jp's blog.
(This, by the way, works like a charm).

5. Stupid research completed, stand by while Child watches clip. Twice.

6. Start singing and dancing along with Child and Olivia Newton-John.

I'm so screwed. "Now that I'm here, now that you're near in Xan-a-duuuuu"...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

If I'd known The Child would be visiting I'd have cleaned up the house first.

No matter; I've just put up a special new post just for her.

She is, after all, my favorite niece.

April 22, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Hmmmm,....I'm pretty sure all Australian women ARE that beautiful...Yeah,they are..

April 23, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Xanadu? Are you serious?

April 24, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Bad Alice,

Serious as a million dancing heart attacks.

I blame jp.

Oh, I blame him.

April 24, 2006 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home