Friday, April 21, 2006

Sweet Dreams are Made of This


Bad Alice blogged about this the other day just as I'd been thinking of bringing up the very same thing. I'll bring it up anyway.

I'm glad to know other bloggers have had dreams about bloggers they haven't met because when I first had one I thought perhaps it was time to get a life. Obviously something is going on if I'm taking you people seriously enough that you would appear in my subconcious.

I do think alot about blogging and Blogtopia. In the early hours as I cycle up from deepest sleep I often start thinking about what the coming day's blog topic might be. The process usually goes something like this:

"Sheesh. I hope there's something in the NY Times or The Child says something clever this morning. 'Cause I got nothin'."

Then, because I'm still in my jammies and vulnerable I start thinking about other blogs. I anticipate that they will be devestatingly insightful or so funny that even leaving a comment is intimidating. Therefore I am thinking specifically of these blog geniuses when I tell myself to stop thinking so much and go back to sleep. Hence, perhaps, the dreams.

I don't remember all my dreams and rarely even remember the details of the ones I can recall but there are a few blog dreams worth noting. And Carl Jung, who I never really got anyway, will forgive my interpretations.

I have dreamed a couple of times about jp. We are hanging out at my dining room table and drinking beer. I think this is because he likes beer and I would like, someday, to make him a batch of fried okra with tomato marmelade. And he likes beer.

One night I had a very vivid dream wherein Charlie was trying to push me off a cliff. Oddly, there was nothing vicious about this although it was a steep cliff and it scared me a little. This came shortly after he invited me to submit something to the Wordsmith project. Definately something to do with being pushed out of my comfort zone.

I had another dream that involved pushing only this time it was Pat and Angela and me pushing something together toward that same cliff. Hmmm. Same cliff. Not sure what to make of that. Neither cheese nor lemons were involved. That would have made complete sense.

Just last night I had a good one. The Spouse and I were at a new Pakistani restaurant. It was full of people, including our priest's secretary. She got mad at The Spouse because she thought he didn't leave a tip. She was yelling and yelling at him outside the restaurant and The Spouse kept trying to tell her that he didn't have to leave a tip because it was included in the price of the meal. I was watching all of this from our table when the owner, Iwanski, came up and asked how we liked his new place. This is what comes of reading his blog just before watching a rerun of "Seinfeld".

Trivia Question: Anybody remember the name of Babu's restaurant in that episode? That's right. Dream Cafe.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Otilia opined...

Sadly, I have had no blogger dreams. I did fall asleep worrying about waking up in time for the shrink appointment, and yes, dreamt about the shrink. He was in his cycling gear and told me not to worry if I was late. I think he was going to be finishing his bike ride.

I keep expecting a nightmare featuring "Baby Charlie", but, it hasn't appeared yet.

April 21, 2006 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Pat + Angela + Charlie = dangerous cliff-pusher-offers.

Me = Harmless, companionable, beer drinker and ocra eater.

I like your dreams.

April 21, 2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I have made the big time at last. I'm in Lorraine's dreams.

I know know you fele about wishing you had something to write about. Just today, I was walking around thinking I've sued uo every idea that would ever come to me, when suddenly a White Sox fan said something rude to me. Voila! Today's entry practically wrote itself after that.

For what it's worth, I am always mipressed with your blog. And my wife is a HUGE Lorraine fan. Just last night, she actually called (not emailed, called!) her friend in Wisconsin to tell her to read your blog.

April 21, 2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Also, my typing skills are ham-fisted today. Forgive the tyops in my last comment.

April 21, 2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

jp, I'm thinking of developing an okra popper. Something that would go really well with beer.

Iwanski, Please tell Miss Healthypants thanks a ton. You don't know what a comfort it is to know that even you sometimes are at a loss for ideas. It's nice to be in good company. And your Pakistani restaurant was really good. You know, in case the movie script thing gets boring.

April 21, 2006 3:21 PM  
Blogger Display Name opined...

ha ha ha! I keep hoping to dream about your curry. I really resent having not been included in the Pakistani cafe. But, I may not have handled that well. It's still too soon...

April 21, 2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, My little Scottish angel, I repeat again, there was nothing malicious in the cliff pushing. My subconcious is giving you credit for making me do something I didn't think I could do and then, because you "pushed" (which you didn't really but obviously that's how my subconcious took it...testy little thing...) I did do it. And olives were involved. Although not geese. Which I haven't dreamed about recently. Odd.

April 22, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home