Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Thursday List


Happy happy joy joy. Cuisinart just e'd to say the grinder top has shipped.

Last night was the finale of "Project Runway". I am happy to report that the evil Santino has been sent back to the bowels of the earth from whence he came and little, tiny Chloe was named the winner. Daniel V. had a lovely collection. He would be very happy designing for Calvin Klein. I decided last week, after reviewing the collections again, that Chloe's was the strongest and I went into last night rooting for her to win. (The Neighbor will back me up on this).

Now I have no reality tv to watch because I refuse to watch "The Apprentice" in retaliation for all the nasty things The Donald said about Martha and Alexis. Take that, Donald. And also, the couple that The Neighbor and I were rooting for on "The Bachelor", yeah, they've already broken up. That show really is lame. Watching it is really just an opportunity for The Neighbor and I to drink tea and mock pretty girls for their lavish use of "like" and "amazing".

In other news, The Neighbor is leaving Tuesday for Rome. Our church choir is going to sing for the Pope. Again. I am going to miss her. I go over there nearly every night for a glass of wine and a "how was your day". This is really going to mess up my schedule.

Last night I was listening to NPR and "Marketplace" began with this statement: "Today is March 8 and you might want to note that. Because this is the date when Congress found its backbone". Apparently the GOP leadership has decided to make W choose whether he wants money for Iraq and Katrina relief or if he wants the Dubai port deal to go through. They've attached an ammendment to the budget blocking the sale. Won't that be interesting?

Pekin duck is a variety of duck. Some people pervert the word to "Peking". But it's really "pekin". Good night and good luck.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Pekin duck, huh? I guess all that book learnin and fancy schoolin pays off for you sometimes.

March 09, 2006 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Thanks Nayb - I'll miss you too, but will bring you back some cool dirt from It-lee and Spag-nee -

xo nayb

March 09, 2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Viola opined...

According to Wikipedia (the fount of all knowledge), pekin duck is a breed of duck (as in your picture). Peking duck, on the other hand, is a delicious crispy roast duck that one eats with chinese pancakes, shredded spring onions, cucumber and hoisin sauce.

March 09, 2006 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home