Friday, March 03, 2006

Other People's Blogs


I added some new links just now. Partly because I'm perfecting my html skills. (Note to programmers: Your jobs are safe). Partly because I figure if I check 'em every day you might as well, too. Or not.

I removed one link and it pained me to do it but the girl just never updates her posts. I wish she did because she's a really good writer. I'll still check in with her and if she ever gets prolific again I'll put her back. But dang. I can spend a good hour checking in on the blogs I have to read and I hate being disappointed.

It's always a little worrisome adding links because there's a whole "guilt by association" thing. So I usually read someone for a while before I commit. I also find extensive blog links a bit daunting. It's not like we all don't have other things to do. But I'm sure there are more links coming. And I trust your judgement.

Now I'd like to confess something. One new link, The Company Bitch, took me a while to add for a whole other reason. It's freaking great writing. If you start at the beginning and just read it's like a novel. Kinda reminds me of the Bridget Jones books. When I first started reading it I seriously considered packing it in. But far be it from me to keep you from something this entertaining just because I have an inferiority complex. So I gutted up and linked it.

There are a lot of terrific writers out here in Blogtopia. I almost fear finding more because, as I mentioned, there are other things to do. And it can be intimidating to a writer's feelings. Like I felt about CB, why bother when there are so many other people doing it so much better? Then I remember this very brilliant quote by Martha Graham, the choreographer:

"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action; and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. If you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. You must keep that channel open. It is not for you to determine how good it is, nor how valuable. Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is for you to keep it yours, clearly and directly".

So there you go. And also, don't try to blog and cook rice at the same time. Bad, bad idea.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger NWO opined...

Get a rice cooker! It's a multi-task world! :)

March 03, 2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

If you can believe it, I have one. Silly rabbit.

March 03, 2006 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I too, read "The Company Bitch" today before lunch and then spent my entire lunch hour thinking about how much I suck. I wasn't even going to write today for all the same reasons you just wrote about.

I should probably go over there now and post something in her praise, and then spend the rest of the night reading previous entries so that I can be a better writer come morning.

Oh, and more good news: They've cancelled 7th Heaven, so we're moving your blog to monday nights now, possibly to be paired with One Tree Hill. You may have to expand to an hour though because we don't have a suitable show to put on in-between.

And if you could possibly find a good friend to open up a bed n' breakfast with, we at the network think that could make for some fun stuff.

March 03, 2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Thanks for the link. It's funny, because I JUST got done adding a link to yours on mine, and then I use the link I created to click over, and you're created a link on yours for mine.

I could conceivably keep clicking back and forth continuously between the blogs and get stuck in some alternate universe blogging matrix.

In said matrix, Russ Feingold is in his 2nd term as President.

March 04, 2006 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hola chica, check out this nifty French food blog (in English - not to say that your French is limited, bien sur)Je t'aime ma cherie, oh dear does the spouse have that Joey look on his face? NM

March 04, 2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

chocolateandzucchini.com

March 04, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Nicole, Thanks for the link. You KNOW my French is limited.

March 04, 2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

iwanski, Dude! The link is cool and I thank you. But being listed above The Huff? Priceless. This day just keeps getting better and better!

March 04, 2006 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home