Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Soupcon of Joy

I am still lumbering under the February fog that was so full of heavy things. I was chewing off God's ear this morning with my list of "please helps" and "please heals" and "please comforts" and it just wore me out.

So I need a list of happy things.

Mine includes The Child getting 96% on an English project (on which she worked very hard), the cuteness of The Dog when he cocks his head, the beautiful Boeuf Bourguignon The Spouse made for dinner on Oscar night (still thinking about it, it was that good. Man, that Julia Child knew what she was up to) and, as always, the glory that is my morning cup of coffee.

What do you have?

9 Comments:

Blogger Mom opined...

Sunshine and the promise of spring.
An upbeat, happy letter from the grandson in air force basic training.
Happy music that makes my foot tap.

March 11, 2010 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Snow.

Therefore I'm choosing to live vicariously through your good things.

March 11, 2010 9:26 AM  
Blogger Ruth Fraser Davis opined...

The Husband gave me last night a vintage postcard found in a local shop. Emblazoned on the front:

"To my Sweet Fluffy Ruffles".

Too funny? I'm thinking so!

March 11, 2010 10:31 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Enough money to make one more house payment; no snow; two doggies and 4 cats that make me smile every single day; a husband that loves me no matter how much I annoy him.....I do wish he could cook though.

March 11, 2010 11:11 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

So glad you had Julia's Boeuf Bourguignon. That stuff really is magical.

I'm thankful that I have friends like you who can appreciate it.

March 11, 2010 11:36 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny opined...

my favorite "cheer you up"....





CHIN UP...TITS OUT.

March 11, 2010 12:07 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I have Slinglets!..and they are mine.

March 11, 2010 5:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I'm totally with you on the morning cup of coffee. :) And Jonathan has promised to cook Iwanski & I some Boeuf Bourguignon...that makes me happy. :)

March 13, 2010 6:33 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Oh, and of course, Iwanski and his goofiness make me happy, too. :)

March 13, 2010 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home